Shafer @ NYC All City Dinner | Syracusefan.com

Shafer @ NYC All City Dinner

Now that's the kind of stuff I'm looking to hear about. Thought he might abandon New York with all these MidWest coaches. If true, Shafer impresses once again.

Were any players there like Laray or Gus, or was it for coaches only?

I don't know if we've done this before and just not heard about it, but how can you not love this. Enthusiasm can be very contagious, and I'd have to think that HCSS attitude helps us in this regard.

@NYPost_Brazille
Heard new Syracuse football coach Scott Shafer attended the NYC All-City dinner and was very impressive. #su

Was hoping for some good news. Hope he won over some skeptical coaches.
Good news. Thanks. Now please, get rid of the guy eating ice cream and replace with a hot chick.

From that article:
As long as Syracuse continues to value the city, At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. recruiting analyst Brian Dohn doesn’t expect top local players to start going elsewhere. After all, Syracuse lost out on All-Americans Dominique Easley, Ishaq Williams and Ebenezer Ogundeko under Marrone and Anselmo, while there wasn’t much BCS-level competition for many players they landed, Dohn said.

Thanks Brian - and as long as scout continues to employ no-talent POS like you, I don't expect anyone to ever bother reading that crappy site again. After all, scout does lose out on thousands and thousands of paying subscribers to the good recruiting sites while idiots like you drive scout into the ground.

From that article:
As long as Syracuse continues to value the city, recruiting analyst Brian Dohn doesn’t expect top local players to start going elsewhere. After all, Syracuse lost out on All-Americans Dominique Easley, Ishaq Williams and Ebenezer Ogundeko under Marrone and Anselmo, while there wasn’t much BCS-level competition for many players they landed, Dohn said.

Thanks Brian - and as long as scout continues to employ no-talent POS like you, I don't expect anyone to ever bother reading that crappy site again. After all, scout does lose out on thousands and thousands of paying subscribers to the good recruiting sites while idiots like you drive scout into the ground.
Reddish, Morgan and now Gus and Laray most certainly had/have a significant amount of BCS level competition for their services.

Reddish, Morgan and now Gus and Laray most certainly had/have a significant amount of BCS level competition for their services.

He doesn't count them and Dohn can suck it since Buttgers offered all those players.

We're quite fine with Jason Bromley, Sirik Diabate, Terrell Hunt, Jeremiah Kobena, Alvin Cornelius and Wayne Williams (rutgers offer).

One other thing I noticed, in the final Pasq years and Grob years we had a lot of recruits disappear for whatever reason. Not necessarily after LOI day but in the beginning of their careers they faded away or never materialized. It seems like that rate is a lot lower with Marrone's classes and hopefully HCSS.

From that article:
As long as Syracuse continues to value the city, recruiting analyst Brian Dohn doesn’t expect top local players to start going elsewhere. After all, Syracuse lost out on All-Americans Dominique Easley, Ishaq Williams and Ebenezer Ogundeko under Marrone and Anselmo, while there wasn’t much BCS-level competition for many players they landed, Dohn said.
Is anyone else completely confused by that statement? Grammatically it makes no sense.

Sounds like its missing a few sentences. Like a back handed compliment.

Is anyone else completely confused by that statement? Grammatically it makes no sense.

Yeah. I thought it was just me. He doesn't expect top local players to choose someplace besides Cuse because Cuse values the city. After all, Syracuse valued the city and lost out on top local players with other BCS offers. What the? (Head and eyeballs spinning)

Yeah. I thought it was just me. He doesn't expect top local players to choose someplace besides Cuse because Cuse values the city. After all, Syracuse valued the city and lost out on top local players with other BCS offers. What the? (Head and eyeballs spinning)
my interpretation, and why it pissed me off:
seems he's saying that SU wasn't getting any of the elite NYC kids even with Marrone and Anselmo, but SU should still be able to get the players it has been getting out of the city b/c no one else is interested in those kids

From that article:

I've heard it mentioned before about the mass exodus from scout pay subscribers. What exactly happened? Just poor service, or just better overall services elsewhere?

I've heard it mentioned before about the mass exodus from scout pay subscribers. What exactly happened? Just poor service, or just better overall services elsewhere?
All the guys that paid moved to this board, and they didn't have a writer for a while there so people got pissed and didn't renew.

my interpretation, and why it pissed me off:
seems he's saying that SU wasn't getting any of the elite NYC kids even with Marrone and Anselmo, but SU should still be able to get the players it has been getting out of the city b/c no one else is interested in those kids

That's how I read it to.

Yeah. First half is a complement, second half an insult. Was it meant to be sarcastic?

The SU $cout board wasn't being supported by Scout. There were no writers for awhile. We were then then assigned asshat (AKA Brian Dohn) who is basically a Rutgers columnist. You can imagine how well that went over...Rutgers guy writing about SU recruits on an SU board.

At that point, we all had enough. The admins of this board created these forums...and its been gravy ever since.

The SU $cout board wasn't being supported by Scout. There were no writers for awhile. We were then then assigned asshat (AKA Brian Dohn) who is basically a Rutgers columnist. You can imagine how well that went over...Rutgers guy writing about SU recruits on an SU board.

At that point, we all had enough. The admins of this board created these forums...and its been gravy ever since.

The crazy thing, is that like Rivals, they finally got an SU-dedicated writer (and now they have 3) after everyone left. So now they finally have very good coverage, but a small amount of followers

Yeah. First half is a complement, second half an insult. Was it meant to be sarcastic?
no it wasn't - the guy is a rutgers fan and was always very condescending toward SU in his coverage as the writer for the rutgers board - then the braintrust over there promoted him to "recruiting analyst". clowns.

I believe there was also ill will generated when folks attempted to terminate their Sco-t subscriptions when this board was created.

@NYPost_Brazille
Heard new Syracuse football coach Scott Shafer attended the NYC All-City dinner and was very impressive. #su

Was hoping for some good news. Hope he won over some skeptical coaches.

I can't imagine how awesome that speech must have been. He probably asked everyone to keep his remarks away from the media, and then erupted into an expletive-ridden, high-five causing rant about how great Syracuse is. He likely had people flipping tables and spearing each other out of sheer excitement by the end of it.