Shafer's Spring Preview (from Matt Park) | Syracusefan.com

Shafer's Spring Preview (from Matt Park)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Matt Park@MattPark1
Shafer: Fred Reed hire from Ohio as DB coach done; Tim Daoust promoted to asst. HC, will head special teams; Tim Lester recruiting coord.

Matt Park@MattPark1
Shafer's spring goals: 1) create competitive environment, "it's a civil war"; 2) rough out depth chart; 3) improve blocking & tackling.

http://www.suathletics.com/showcase/#Archive/6844

He also talked about a new hire named Eric White? Presumably the new DO. Spoke about increasing the usage of social media... I like!

He also talked about a new hire named Eric White? Presumably the new DO. Spoke about increasing the usage of social media... I like!

White is Quality Control.

Matt Park@MattPark1
Shafer: Fred Reed hire from Ohio as DB coach done; Tim Daoust promoted to asst. HC, will head special teams; Tim Lester recruiting coord.

Matt Park@MattPark1
Shafer's spring goals: 1) create competitive environment, "it's a civil war"; 2) rough out depth chart; 3) improve blocking & tackling.

love this fricking guy. Glad to say he's "our" coach. The only downer was that AB wasn't even mentioned as an option at qb which is too bad. But I'm sure we'll see him used elsewhere. bnoro you nailed it.

I think Shafer should consider having Monster Jam as part of the spring game, best way to get 36,000 people in the dome.

Raymon at DE - sounds like SS is going to give the "big old dog" a shot. Guy is huge.

So it's going to be Special Teams coaching by committee (each coach as a specific responsibility), but Daoust will ever see the whole ST operation. Interesting.

So it's going to be Special Teams coaching by committee (each coach as a specific responsibility), but Daoust will ever see the whole ST operation. Interesting.
That's good, makes it easy to know who I'll need to complain about. :rolleyes:

they have a great facebook page. anyone who hasn't "liked" it already should

We all know what a disaster ST were last time it was coached by a committee just a couple years ago. Hopefully history won't repeat itself.

We all know what a disaster ST were last time it was coached by a committee just a couple years ago. Hopefully history won't repeat itself.

same can be said for recruiting history.

Matt Park@MattPark1

Matt Park@MattPark1

Love it!! Let's "get em back on the grass" & find the 16 or so each side of the ball ready to go.

love this fricking guy. Glad to say he's "our" coach. The only downer was that AB wasn't even mentioned as an option at qb which is too bad. But I'm sure we'll see him used elsewhere. bnoro you nailed it.
In SS's PC after practice he said we are putting a lot on the table for AB, he was at WR, RB & he even had two snaps. Shafer said, we have to find a way to get him on the field, he's one of our better athletes.