Shaky Potatoes Tracker, Duke | Syracusefan.com

Shaky Potatoes Tracker, Duke

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
After today's game against Duke, Cooney has now made 16 of 58 three point attempts, a .276 clip, in ACC play.

On the season he is making 42% of his three point attempts.

With 9 more three point baskets, Cooney will have one of the Top 20 seasons in three pointers made in school history if this PDF from SUathletics is up to date (according to Moqui, it's not as it excludes Dirty's 84 threes made last season, so everyone on the list drops a spot that is below 84). As Cooney breaks in to the record books, something magical may happen to his placement on the chart below.

shaky tracker.jpg

Just to reiterate - the Shaky Potatoes Tracker makes no judgment as to Cooney's play. It is merely a statistical observation.

Addendum: The Shaky Potatoes Tracker makes no judgment as to Jim Boeheim's coaching related to Cooney's play, which the Shaky Potatoes Tracker does not judge.

Potato Race Tracker; Cooney vs OiG 3 pt percentage in league play

Player . . . . . .Games . . . .FGM/FGA . . . . . pct
Cooney . . . . . . 8 . . . . . . . 16/58 . . . . . . . . . .276
OttoinGrotto . .1 . . . . . . . . 2/9 . . . . . . . . . . . .222

Who will walk away with the coveted Potato Cup?

He was shaky potatoes on the defensive end tonight.

Thought he was great on offense - very shaky potatoes on defense. Not sure why he couldn't figure out that Duke was unwilling to shoot anything inside the three point line.

Is he ever gonna move up the graphic ? :)

I'm not sure he can under this scale. Those first three games killed him

First three ACC games - 7/32 for .218
Last five ACC games - 9/26 for .346

So, he's making strides and probably should be elevated from spud to at least baked. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

So, he's making strides and probably should be elevated from spud to at least baked. ;)

Cheers,
Neil
He'll move up as he enters the record book for three pointers made in a season. I've got it all figured out. Cooney just needs time and made 3s. It'll happen.

Trevor was awesome with his shot selection and patience. And he hit 100% from trey range.

The foul at the end of regulation was my only criticism. He played a good game with steady potatoes.

The foul at the end of regulation was my only criticism. He played a good game with steady potatoes.

He kept getting sucked in and was always slow getting back out on shooters up top. You would think he would start to anticipate it after awhile. I mean, once he was guarding the high post when there was nobody there and then was late getting out on the shooter.

He was very solid on offense though. He shot the ball well, took good shots, had a few nice drives, and handled the ball well against pressure when we couldn't inbound it to Ennis.

I don't mean to knock him. Great win and he was a big contributor and deserves credit. But I think he can play better defense than that...though I realize it's a difficult assignment.

Thought he was great on offense - very shaky potatoes on defense. Not sure why he couldn't figure out that Duke was unwilling to shoot anything inside the three point line.

Ennis was also guilty of that

Ennis was also guilty of that
Yeah, during the second half and overtime I kept yelling at the TV, "Let the back line take care of them. Don't give up open threes!"
We've seen teams get lucky and get hot against us, but Duke was right on their season average. I felt like every time a guy shot an open one it was going in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom