Shooters...or a lack thereof | Syracusefan.com

Shooters...or a lack thereof

iommi

Living Legend
My biggest concern going forward with this program is JB and the staff continue to recruit players who are "long athletes"...ready-made to play defense in our vaunted zone. But the problem with our team in recent years (with the exception of Andy Rautins) is we don't have enough guys who consistently put the ball in the basket from the perimeter.

To me, that's a huge flaw and one that won't be corrected by our incoming recruits. I'm not saying we don't have good players coming in but none of them are lights-out shooters. Trevor Cooney was supposed to be that guy; maybe he will be in the future when he doesn't look like a scared rabbit out there.

My biggest concern going forward with this program is JB and the staff continue to recruit players who are "long athletes"...ready-made to play defense in our vaunted zone. But the problem with our team in recent years (with the exception of Andy Rautins) is we don't have enough guys who consistently put the ball in the basket from the perimeter.

To me, that's a huge flaw and one that won't be corrected by our incoming recruits. I'm not saying we don't have good players coming in but none of them are lights-out shooters. Trevor Cooney was supposed to be that guy; maybe he will be in the future when he doesn't look like a scared rabbit out there.
From videos I've seen, Vaughn fits the bill. Nice, fluid stroke.
Check it, courtesy of Francis' blog:
http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/

Not to mention, don't sleep on BJ, Buss and Ennis. They can all shoot from the outside, but time will tell if any of the three do it on a consistent basis.

That said, if we get Vaughn, your wish will be granted. ;)
Watch his video, light's out.

No one misses in highlight packages.
True, true. But still, he's a shooter. Look at the fade aways. You don't get a few of those in the same game unless you're trusted to take them. Same goes for his outside shot. There's no denying that's a good looking shot.
Don't tell me you don't like his form......

Yeah, our success on offense seems to hinge on whether Dirty is going off, or BT gets on one of his hot streaks.

Just think about next season when we lose Southerland . It will be an even worse shooting team then this year if that's even possible . Who will be our best shooter? Ron Patterson?

Just think about next season when we lose Southerland . It will be an even worse shooting team then this year if that's even possible . Who will be our best shooter? Ron Patterson?

Perhaps Ennis will do a better job of running the half court offense and getting the ball to players in better position to score. For someone who is touted as a great passer and an assist guy, MCW doesn't really excel at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom