Should be a Great Season | Syracusefan.com

Should be a Great Season

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record
Like football, I think this will be a memorable season. I’m not predicting an NC, but it wouldn’t surprise me if SU wins it all.

I think the key will be offensive chemistry – this is more than just outside shooting. The O got better last season when MD started playing because he acted like a point forward and added ‘flow’ to the offensive possessions. This is needed because Frank is not able to create enough of it himself and TB does not help. I’m hoping that MD is better at it and that Hughes contributes. It’s the reason I think Bazley was a big loss – his game seemed to be all about flow and making others better – oh well. Minutes for all the talent we have is already an issue, hard to imagine if he was playing.

PC is my candidate for most important player. Defense will be our strong suit this season, and his defensive is at a level that Sid and MD don’t have. He is the inside to TB and Frank’s outside. And for all the posters that don’t think he is a good finisher – he shot 65% last season- pretty good even for a 7’2” guy. If the passes to him are better and his hands are better, as reported, look out. The 2016 team would have been very good if PC did not get hurt; 3-5 games better in my estimation. Will be very disappointed if he does not come back next season.

Enjoy the ride – it’s going to be a great one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom