Should the Eagles retire McNabbs jersey when Donovan retires? | Syracusefan.com

Should the Eagles retire McNabbs jersey when Donovan retires?

No. Nothing against Donovan but jersey retirements are stupid imo. Honor the jersey soemhow but keep it in use. I just think it gives an inflated sense of worth to someone to say no one will ever be worthy to wear the same # on their back again.

Cunningham's number has never been re-issued, and Iggs fans were furious when Jaws' old number was given to Vick.

No. Nothing against Donovan but jersey retirements are stupid imo. Honor the jersey soemhow but keep it in use. I just think it gives an inflated sense of worth to someone to say no one will ever be worthy to wear the same # on their back again.

So you are against jersey retirements in general... What are your thoughts on putting his jersey in the rafters a la what Syracuse does?

IMO, without a doubt he will have some sort of ceremony honoring his career in philly.

It is well deserved. And it will probably come with boos.

So you are against jersey retirements in general... What are your thoughts on putting his jersey in the rafters a la what Syracuse does?

IMO, without a doubt he will have some sort of ceremony honoring his career in philly.

It is well deserved. And it will probably come with boos.
Got no problem with putting in the rafters, though I'm not sure The Link really has rafters! Something like the Cowboys ring of honor would be appropriate. I'm all for honoring players other than taking a uniform # out of circulation.

I thought he WAS retired.

(Some people aspire to retirement. Some have it thrust upon them.)

Gotta agree with the anti-retirement of jerseys sentiment. If taken to an extreme, the place will look one of those pictures of an old-time tenement on laundry day.

As an Eagles and an SU fan, I loved Donovan, but Randall Cunningham was THE man!