Should we be able to get more talent from Toronto (the Greater Toronto Area) | Syracusefan.com

Should we be able to get more talent from Toronto (the Greater Toronto Area)

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
One of the major benefits from the creation of an NBA team in Toront seems to be the major spike in basketball talent it has generated. Personally, the Raptors have robbed all my dignity as a sports fan as they continue to spit in my face.

If we just look at the current four year recruiting cycle (from 2010 to 2013) the following elite players have come from Toronto

Andrew Wiggins
Tristan Thompson
Myck Kabongo
Cory Joseph
Anthony Bennett
Kevin Pangos
Dwight Powell
Tylor Ennis
Maynes (FSU 2013 top 25 recruit)
Nick Stauskas

Being located so close to Toronto, is 1/10 OK? Of course our recruiting has been great recently so I don't want to be critical either. Recruiting elite talents is often more than about region.

I don't really follow recruiting closely, but for those that follow closely. Has Syracuse been able to make any inroads into the Toronto market for prospects? The last four years the GTA may have developed as much NCAA talent as any metropolitan area. I just want to know if we have tried to capitalize on one of the advantages we have - geography.

Haven't you heard? We don't recruit players, they are assigned to us by Nike..