Should we offer this guy? | Syracusefan.com

Should we offer this guy?

This kind of thing has happened before. No education background, no birth records, nothing. A few years ago we had a couple of 6'-8" 24 (?) year olds also from the Sudan cleaning up in HS hoops. When the rumors began to circulate, they suddenly disappeared into the US somewhere. :noidea:

So what is the maximum age that you can start your 4 years of eligibility? Is there a max?

So what is the maximum age that you can start your 4 years of eligibility? Is there a max?

Not sure. I remember Yvon Joseph was about 28 when he played at GaTech (in the 80's).

Brandon Weedon was like 27 when He was playing QB at Oklahoma St. So yea if the guy hasn't started college i'd believe he'd be able come here.

Brandon Weedon was like 27 when He was playing QB at Oklahoma St. So yea if the guy hasn't started college i'd believe he'd be able come here.

Wait, i dont actually want the dude

So there's a kid in my town, X, who is really 14 years old but a 6th grader (held back 2 years for whatever reason) and plays CYO with the 6th graders. X is always the leading scorer and the best player of all the 6th graders. My younger son is 12 and is a very good basketball player. And he almost competes with X. But if my older son, who is 14 who is really young for his grade (8th), played in the 6th grade games he would score 20+ points per game and would be total beast and unstoppable. He would eat them alive. I remember, last year when my 13 year was in 7th grade and played against 8th graders who 4 to 6 inches taller and lot bigger, he had to play his guts out to compete. I am just sick of parents holding their kids back a year, or two, so their kids look like super great players. But it doesn't work. At some point, the younger players are equal size. And I think my older son who has to fight so much harder against the bigger kids is a much better player for it. People are so competitive. Maybe I'm wrong and the only way to succeed is to cheat. But it gets to me to think what a beast my 14 year old would be if he played 6th grade BB.

Dave85: Don't come to Texas...redshirting is a common practice here.

He's really an 18 year old Dominican first baseman
bbBbpkN.png

So there's a kid in my town, X, who is really 14 years old but a 6th grader (held back 2 years for whatever reason) and plays CYO with the 6th graders. X is always the leading scorer and the best player of all the 6th graders. My younger son is 12 and is a very good basketball player. And he almost competes with X. But if my older son, who is 14 who is really young for his grade (8th), played in the 6th grade games he would score 20+ points per game and would be total beast and unstoppable. He would eat them alive. I remember, last year when my 13 year was in 7th grade and played against 8th graders who 4 to 6 inches taller and lot bigger, he had to play his guts out to compete. I am just sick of parents holding their kids back a year, or two, so their kids look like super great players. But it doesn't work. At some point, the younger players are equal size. And I think my older son who has to fight so much harder against the bigger kids is a much better player for it. People are so competitive. Maybe I'm wrong and the only way to succeed is to cheat. But it gets to me to think what a beast my 14 year old would be if he played 6th grade BB.

i really thought this was going to be an algebra question until about 3/4 of the way down the post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom