Shout out to Moose during the Bears/Jags telecast | Syracusefan.com

Shout out to Moose during the Bears/Jags telecast

Chicago44s

2nd String
Congratulating him on the 'Cuse victory. Nice to get some National recognition no matter how small.

I look forward to the day a 'Cuse victory won't necessitate such a comment, (unless it's over a highly ranked team).

I look forward to the day a 'Cuse victory won't necessitate such a comment, (unless it's over a highly ranked team).

Not sure I understand your interpretation of what was said. They also said the "orange looked really good" so I don't know how this can be seen as a negative. Maybe I'm missing something I didn't get as I was watching the game.

Not sure I understand your interpretation of what was said. They also said the "orange looked really good" so I don't know how this can be seen as a negative. Maybe I'm missing something I didn't get as I was watching the game.

I'm just looking forward to a time when an SU football victory won't be regarded as remarkable.

I'm just looking forward to a time when an SU football victory won't be regarded as remarkable.

Like I said, I don't get your interpretation of the conversation that took place on air. Never came off as a "remarkable" victory for SU, just a good win. Like any other college team being discussed, they played great and won.

Like I said, I don't get your interpretation of the conversation that took place on air. Never came off as a "remarkable" victory for SU, just a good win. Like any other college team being discussed, they played great and won.

"Remarkable" simply means worth remarking on. When we were winning a lot it wouldn't have generated any congratualtory comment because it wasn't unsual.

"Remarkable" simply means worth remarking on. When we were winning a lot it wouldn't have generated any congratualtory comment because it wasn't unsual.

We can agree to disagree I guess. The topic came up only because Siragusa is an alum of Pitt, then Johnston said the orange played great. It's not unusual when former NFL guys are commentators for the topic of saturday college games to come up, especially during a blowout.

We can agree to disagree I guess. The topic came up only because Siragusa is an alum of Pitt, then Johnston said the orange played great. It's not unusual when former NFL guys are commentators for the topic of saturday college games to come up, especially during a blowout.

That puts it in better perspective. I didn't hear the exchnage myself and assumed Johnston was being congratulated that his alma mater finally beat an FBS team.

That puts it in better perspective. I didn't hear the exchnage myself and assumed Johnston was being congratulated that his alma mater finally beat an FBS team.

No, they were really just talking about the game saturday because two of the commentators were alums and the NFL game was already out of hand. I understand what your saying though and obviously we don't want the perception to be that a win is a rarity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom