Shout out to Q and the SU women's team | Syracusefan.com

Shout out to Q and the SU women's team

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Yesterday the Virginia Cav's came into the Dome on a high after trouncing #6 Maryland 86-72 and #24 Florida State 85-68. Virginia also gave the #2 Fighting Irish a good run for it eventually falling by 5 points 2 weeks ago.

The win was SU's 3rd in a row and 4th in it's last 5 games. The one loss being on the road to Maryland 77-62.

At one point yesterday the Cavs ran out to a double digit lead and it looked as though we were headed for a blowout. SU committed so many unforced turnovers it was driving Q crazy. I think they had 14 of them in the first half alone which led to numerous points. Then Q switched tactics and employed the full court press. At the 1st half buzzer Rachel Coffey knocked down her third three pointer of the half to put SU up 37-33.

The athletic and super quick two guard Britteny Sykes put on a show. Her 10 for 13 shooting resulted in 27 points a career high for her.

If Q can get the girls to stop making the silly turnovers they can compete with anyone in the league.

Yesterday he had them playing with fire & passion an effort that makes you a proud fan.

Last edited:
Having lived in CT for many years, I grew to like the college women's BB game. I think it would be great if SU became one of the better women's teams to go with the men's.

I'm able to follow the player movement on the court easier in the women's game so I try to concentrate on that and then carry it over to the men's game so I can better see what posters like General and others see when they do their recaps.

Yesterday the Virginia Cav's came into the Dome on a high after trouncing #6 Maryland 86-72 and #24 Florida State 85-68. Virginia also gave the #2 Fighting Irish a good run for it eventually falling by 5 points 2 weeks ago.

The win was SU's 3rd in a row and 4th in it's last 5 games. The one loss being on the road to Maryland 77-62.

At one point yesterday the Cavs ran out to a double digit lead and it looked as though we were headed for a blowout. SU committed so many unforced turnovers it was driving Q crazy. I think they had 14 of them in the first half alone which led to numerous points. Then Q switched tactics and employed the full court press. At the 1st half buzzer Rachel Coffey knocked down her third three pointer of the half to put SU up 37-33.

The athletic and super quick two guard Britteny Sykes put on a show. Her 10 for 13 shooting resulted in 27 points a career high for her.

If Q can get the girls to stop making the silly turnovers they can compete with anyone in the league.

Yesterday he had them playing with fire & passion an effort that makes you a proud fan.

They are a fun group to watch. Sykes, Banks, Coffey, Ford and Leary can all play. Still not consistent on defense (they don't have a good defender down low, really miss Kayla), but their pressure and excellent play on offense (good interior passing) make up for this.

The emergence of Ford has really helped balance the offense. Hopefully Day, the skinny but talented center, continues to come around at center and another guard emerges to take them up one more level.

They are a fun group to watch. Sykes, Banks, Coffey, Ford and Leary can all play. Still not consistent on defense (they don't have a good defender down low, really miss Kayla), but their pressure and excellent play on offense (good interior passing) make up for this.

The emergence of Ford has really helped balance the offense. Hopefully Day, the skinny but talented center, continues to come around at center and another guard emerges to take them up one more level.
You forgot Butler, who I think is one of their better players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom