Shout out to the OL Zero sacks | Syracusefan.com

Shout out to the OL Zero sacks

GoSU96

Living Legend
allowed on 65 drop backs. McCord had two sneaks I think out of four carries, so I’m adding the other two as starting as pass plays.

That is outstanding to not have any sacks against with that volume. They gave some pressures, which is going to happen, but overall great job.

allowed on 65 drop backs. McCord had two sneaks I think out of four carries, so I’m adding the other two as starting as pass plays.

That is outstanding to not have any sacks against with that volume. They gave some pressures, which is going to happen, but overall great job.
Hard to complain much about the offense, I think we got a little stale in the middle of the game but other than that, I've seen enough. McCord is the best QB I've seen play here, I can't get over how good he is and how much poise he has. We are extremely lucky.

I think there may be some statistical friendliness at play for the OL. I remember McCord going down behind the line but there was a roughing flag that erased the sack.

To your point tho, they did a pretty good job, and when there was pressure McCord handled it well. He had to throw it away 3 or 4 times but was in control and a few times kept his feet and found guys down field.

Not to detract at all from the performance of the OL, but McCord is sneaky nimble and has great recognition of where the pressure is coming from. His ability to be "elusive" is the thing that has surprised me the most over the course of the season as compared to my impression from Game One.

Not to detract at all from the performance of the OL, but McCord is sneaky nimble and has great recognition of where the pressure is coming from. His ability to be "elusive" is the thing that has surprised me the most over the course of the season as compared to my impression from Game One.
He’s like Nassib, slower than molasses when it comes to straight line running but shifty in the pocket

I'm not gonna complain about it but maybe zero isn't the optimal number because there were so so so many screens that went nowhere that couldn't have possible ended in a sack

I expect as it gets later in the season and they have less fear of McCord getting hurt, things will look better

Fantastic effort against a very good D.

I'm not gonna complain about it but maybe zero isn't the optimal number because there were so so so o many screens that went nowhere that couldn't have possible ended in a sack
What did you see yesterday in pass protection that you believe could have been better as a result of coaching? I know that you were extremely critical during the in-game post on most aspects of the teams play, maybe as critical as I have seen you post. What do you think the team did well? What do you think the coaches did well? I respect your post and opinions, but this year given that we are 4-1 with two top 25 wins you seem to be pretty down on the coaching and team in general. Why?

I thought, in general, the run blocking has its moments as well. Thought the lanes were big enough where basically the rbs just needed to make one guy miss. I consider that decent enough vs good teams

I think there may be some statistical friendliness at play for the OL. I remember McCord going down behind the line but there was a roughing flag that erased the sack.

To your point tho, they did a pretty good job, and when there was pressure McCord handled it well. He had to throw it away 3 or 4 times but was in control and a few times kept his feet and found guys down field.
Right, that sack was erased because the sacker pulled McCord’s face mask.

I thought, in general, the run blocking has its moments as well. Thought the lanes were big enough where basically the rbs just needed to make one guy miss. I consider that decent enough vs good teams
I thought the opposite. I didn’t feel like the RB’s got any lanes inside the tackles. We got stuffed at the line or 1-2 yards downfield.

OL was good in pass pro but helped by quick screens and that facemask

I thought the Offensive line was serviceable. I believe it was Weatherspoon or Washington couldn’t shuffle to the left and block the defensive end in time before he drilled McCord. I thought it was a sack, but McCord may have gotten rid of the ball.

It was wonderful to get no sacks with so many pass plays. But our offense, productive as it was, lacked a deep threat just as the running game lacks explosive plays. We need to score on long drives, which require making no mistakes for 10-15 plays. Maybe when we get Zeed back we can connect on some bombs. But improvement in the line would allow Kyle to stay in the pocket and give his receivers time to get open downfield. Then we wouldn't have to throw 63 times to score 44 points.

Need a little more on early downs. Can’t expect to be that solid on third all the time.

Any idea on how many false starts this year? I'm not noticing many if any.

What did you see yesterday in pass protection that you believe could have been better as a result of coaching? I know that you were extremely critical during the in-game post on most aspects of the teams play, maybe as critical as I have seen you post. What do you think the team did well? What do you think the coaches did well? I respect your post and opinions, but this year given that we are 4-1 with two top 25 wins you seem to be pretty down on the coaching and team in general. Why?
Quarterback is everything, throwing a lot is good and I think McCord is excellent. Keep recruiting QBs and commit to throwing a lot and we'll be fine, forest for the trees.

Last edited:
Quarterback is everything, throwing a lot is good and I think McCord is excellent. Keep recruiting QBs and commit to throwing a lot and we'll be fine, forest for the trees.
Thank you for the answer I look forward to your post as you've forgotten more about football than I'll ever know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom