Sick of hearing cuse is tired BS, seriously | Syracusefan.com

Sick of hearing cuse is tired BS, seriously

gilardino

Starter
UCONN won the BET 5 games in 5 days they won the title. Just saying

Stop with we have to play more players BS, seriously. Enjoy the games and LGO!!!

Agree to an extent, but don't forget there is an emotional aspect as well to this fatigue in my opinion. Cuse came out flat vs. Notre Dame except Cooney (right after Duke, which I don't need to detail the excitement there) and against NC State (right after Ennis buzzer beater and more high profile national exposure). There can be emotional/mental fatigue which can affect you physically on the court. Look how excited us fans have been. These guys are on the team, and you have to remember are generally between the ages of 18-22 years old. Just my take on things. GO ORANGE!!!

This week sets up perfectly if you ask me. A game tonight that we should win, and will go a long ways to help us play better. Duke with three games this week, and ours last. 2 days to get ready for them compared to 1 for them to get ready for us. Looking forward to a win tonight.

kemba played 40 minutes a game
he played 40 vs. Pitt & the full 45 in the OT game vs. SU, but those are the only times in the 5 game run that he played the entire game. He "only" played 33 minutes in the 3 point title game win over Louisville.

kemba played 40 minutes a game
And let's be honest, uconn didn't win that title, kemba did.

These kids grow up playing aau tourneys with multiple games a day. 3 a week is not an unreasonable request.

I'm Tired of people being sick of hearing that Cuse is Tired.

mind_blown.gif

our advantage this year has been the ability to execute in end of game situations. It's not physical fatigue that concerns me, it's mental fatigue. fatigued minds are more apt to make mistakes, and that robs us of that advantage.

Stop with we have to play more players BS, seriously. Enjoy the games and LGO!!!
Just saying that the teams they played for the most part also played that many games in that many days. Someone had to win. Unless it was G'town vs UConn, then it would be better that they both lost.

Short bench tires more. Freshman (Ennis) is in his first year.

Seriously is not BS. Been there, done that and its quite real. Besides, different teams slump at different times, then somehow we all get regenerated. Its the normal course of events as they season drags on and when undefeated it weighs heavy regardless of what the coaches and players say about one game at a time. They aren't in some bubble vacuum and un-aware. Again, been there and done that. Hell, I'm feeling weird and tired just wondering about the perfect season so far.

Its still a great position to be in. It beats the teams I've played for that were hoping to win a game or two.

Getting rest for your starters isn't the only advantage to having a bench. When you develop a bench you also have ready backups in case of foul trouble or injury, you also have additional guys to bring into try to spark your team if guys are playing flat. Just because you may be able to get away with playing a short bench doesn't mean its the wisest way to go.

our advantage this year has been the ability to execute in end of game situations. It's not physical fatigue that concerns me, it's mental fatigue. fatigued minds are more apt to make mistakes, and that robs us of that advantage.
Which explains the minor errors in Ennis overall play the last few weeks, he is tired.

I don't think they're tired. I just think that we haven't had all five on except for the Duke game. We're fine. I knew we were okay right after Pitt went up on us with 6 seconds to go. The camera flashed on Cooney and Ennis and they had an "Oh. well, guess we gotta do something to win this" look. And again, the same look at the end of NC State. That time Cooney smiled. They just know they're going to win. I read an article here today where three "analysts" concluded that SU's defining word was "luck." They're wrong, it's "poise."
One further point. I looked at the tape on the Pittsburgh end of game. Ennis had four options with 2 seconds left. Himself. Cooney on the right, but he was guarded pretty well and Grant was streaking up the center to the right of the basket unguarded. Christmas had a full clear out under the left carom space. Christmas and Grant were in perfect position.

Because UConn won the BE tournament our team isn't tired? I don't see the connection. It's like saying to your friend you're not tired because I'm not. Huh?

Bornorange said:
Which explains the minor errors in Ennis overall play the last few weeks, he is tired.

Yeah, he was exhausted hitting the buzzer beater against Pitt. He was exhausted ending the Pitt game before, he was exhausted in the Duke game.

Sorry, it doesn't jive.

Ennis also seems to be pushing more. He is trying to add an aggressor element to his game. I like it, but it will lead to some mistakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom