Sick of talking about marketing? | Syracusefan.com

Sick of talking about marketing?

OttoForLife

2nd String
Let's talk recruiting. Is anyone hearing ANYTHING? Feels like there has been little real info after "we're ahead of the game for the class of 2013" a few months back.

How's that all going?

Agreed, so how should we market our facilities better to prospective 2013 recruits?

I hear Kevin Olsen wants to major in Marketing.

Agreed, so how should we market our facilities better to prospective 2013 recruits?

I think the best thing to do is keep the plans for the new facilities under lock and key and never let anyone know what we are doing. If RU knows what lockers we have we'd be screwed.

Let's talk recruiting. Is anyone hearing ANYTHING? Feels like there has been little real info after "we're ahead of the game for the class of 2013" a few months back.

How's that all going?
They had a big group of recruits down on the field after the spring game. I was unfortunately distracted by a fish story, actually dozens of fish stories, so I didn't get any names. If history means anything, and I think it does, we will have a couple of verbals in the next few days.

How's that all going?
Recruiting IS marketing.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

According to sc.out, this is how our peers in the Big East are currently doing:

Team: Verbals:
Cincinnati 2(***)
Conn 2 Unranked
Louisville 2(****), 3(***)
Pitt 1(***), 2 Unranked
Rutgers 1 Unranked
South Florida 2(***)
Temple 0

So I guess you can look at it glass half full, glass half empty. Half full is that most of our peers have a few more recruits than us right now but it's no significant advantage and that could change pretty quickly with us getting some traction after the Spring game. The Half empty is that these other teams are not done and seem to have a good head start on us. Teams like Louisville especially are going after it early.

Now since our 2013 recruits won't really play against Big East teams other than Pitt, lets see how our future ACC brethren are doing.

Team: Verbals:
Boston College 1(***)
Clemson 2(****), 5(***)
Duke 1(***), 4 Unranked
Florida State 4(****), 4 (***)
Georgia Tech 1(***)
Maryland 1(***), 1 Unranked
Miami 4(****), 1 Unranked
North Carolina 6 (***), 2 Unranked
North Carolina State 0
Virginia 1(****), 1 (***), 3 Unranked
Virginia Tech 1 (****), 1 (***), 5 Unranked
Wake Forest 0

So in the ACC a lot of the traditional powers (FSU, Miami, Clemson, UNC, VT) have a significant head start with a few middling programs like NCST and WF having a big old goose egg like us. What I fear however is that there is a much bigger discrepancy in the ACC than Big East between the "haves" and the "have nots" and if we keep this up, we will definitely be in the "have not" category.

It's still April though so let's not get too worked up. Kind of like my fiancee fretting over our wedding invite list when we're not getting married for 17 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom