Sid and Chuk..... | Syracusefan.com

Sid and Chuk.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
neither had great overall games. Chuk even got blocked by the rim on on one play, but I give them both huge props for hanging in their with four fouls each, maintaining an inside presence on D, and each getting a clutch FT at the end.

neither had great overall games. Chuk even got blocked by the rim on on one play, but I give them both huge props for hanging in their with four fouls each, maintaining an inside presence on D, and each getting a clutch FT at the end.

Ouch - I had forgotten about that rim-rattling blocked by the rim lob. :( hahaha Props to Chukwu for sticking it out though, and hitting another FT, I was actually more surprised he didn't hit both this time.

Great effort from Sidibe out there. Both are obviously hobbled.

But my goodness- never, and I mean never, have I seen a couple of players that have a harder time adjusting their games when they are in foul trouble. Yes, there are soft fouls they get called for but regardless, the stats say you have those fouls, so the dumb offensive fouls just cannot happen to give you even more. It's brutal to watch.

Chukwu has proven that he is coachable, constant improvement all season long. Don't be surprised if he has some offense next season.

Sidibe has shown me enough to know if he is healthy next year,he will be a force to be reckoned with.

I'm glad coach stayed with Sid in the second half as long as he did. He battled hard out there.

i am completely comfortable with chukwu on the line. i panicked a little when the refs waived off the sidibe substitution late. (what happened there ?) don't want to see sid toe the line.

No time went off the clock from when he checked in before he tried to come back out. I thought it was PC...

Bad pass .

It was, but it literally had to be perfect for Chukwu to finish an alley oop. Perhaps he should’ve just landed while keeping the ball high and quickly went right back up with it.

Regardless, I was more annoyed that he grabbed the guy while falling and picked up a completely unnecessary 4th foul. Don’t turn one mistake into two, just let it go and stay in the game.

Ouch - I had forgotten about that rim-rattling blocked by the rim lob. :( hahaha Props to Chukwu for sticking it out though, and hitting another FT, I was actually more surprised he didn't hit both this time.
It is crazy I have more confidence in his FT then many guards in recent memory. It is pretty impressive that he shoots as well as he does.

It is crazy I have more confidence in his FT then many guards in recent memory. It is pretty impressive that he shoots as well as he does.

He is coachable. Watch when he shoots, he lifts his heels and has a nice touch. The arch comes from the legs. Watch MM, he shoots mostly flat footed and has a very flat shot,like most big guys. This is one reason I believe Chukwu will be much improved next season, healthy, coachable, and 7'2", which nobody can coach!

It was, but it literally had to be perfect for Chukwu to finish an alley oop. Perhaps he should’ve just landed while keeping the ball high and quickly went right back up with it.

Regardless, I was more annoyed that he grabbed the guy while falling and picked up a completely unnecessary 4th foul. Don’t turn one mistake into two, just let it go and stay in the game.
I don't think it was catchable
If he let it go, it probably would have hit the rim. He might have been able to get the rebound but probably wasn't sure what to do

Man, I felt like that dude fouled Chukwu first anyway...which, I would have been okay with them not calling, but Chukwu grabbed him on the arm as he was falling down. The fall by Chu was precipitated by Jackson (MSU) losing balance and plowing through him though.

No grab by Chukwu, but for the fact that he's being plowed......so call the foul on MSU. That's my take! :)

It was a VERY bad pass - odds of him getting it, and getting it down all in one play were maybe 5%
Howard has been a bit off with his lob passes all tourney. he had been pretty good with them last 1/4 of the season and into the Wake game. Howard was slightly off all tourney. Hopefully four days rest and a late game friday will help.

Actually, it may have been better that he missed the second FT. Yeah, we were only up 2, but the clock started as soon as it was rebounded and left little time for MSU to set up anything other than a half court heave.
Had he made it, they would have had more time to get the ball inbounds and possibly further down the court for a more makable 3 which would have sent the game into overtime (which I don't know if we could have survived with the foul trouble we were in).

Actually, it may have been better that he missed the second FT. Yeah, we were only up 2, but the clock started as soon as it was rebounded and left little time for MSU to set up anything other than a half court heave.
Had he made it, they would have had more time to get the ball inbounds and possibly further down the court for a more makable 3 which would have sent the game into overtime (which I don't know if we could have survived with the foul trouble we were in).

the way he missed it was important. a nice clang that went off to the corner. A make and they could have done that roll the ball up the court crap and we always have everyone back so the may have had like 3 seconds to go when with the ball over the half court line.

I dont understand MSU not missing on purpose on the backend with under 4 seconds left. There's just no way you can convince me you have a better chance at making a desperation shot from near mid court than getting a rebound and put back with as bad as we were getting drilled on the O boards.

No doubt! It’s fantastic. Who would’ve thought early on in the season we would be leaning on Chukwu to hit critical FTs and feel comfortable doing so!

Right on. The frustrating thing with PC is how ticky tack and unnecessary are the fouls he accumulates.

Save them for a vicious clash at the rim.

But I also think he’s very coachable and will get this.

A bit of that and a bit of Chukwu not jumping higher and catching the ball earlier. And why with just one hand?

Don't know if it's the play you're referring to, but Chewy had one hand pretty heavily taped. Saw him holding it early on, was afraid it might be a problem. I'm thinking the guy is just running on fumes.

Don't know if it's the play you're referring to, but Chewy had one hand pretty heavily taped. Saw him holding it early on, was afraid it might be a problem. I'm thinking the guy is just running on fumes.

I think his joints are being held in place with spit and duct tape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom