Sigh... | Syracusefan.com

Sigh...

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/#!/content/1.2629759

Pk Subban after scoring winning goal target of racist tweets in Boston. Boston was also guilty of doing the same thing to Washington Capitals player Joel Ward a few years ago. Most classless city/fans in the world.
That sucks and gets my blood boiling. And here I thought racism was dead now that Donald Sterling has been dealt with.

How is that possible? Boston is full of Liberals, and Liberals can't be racists!

Curious how many people read this board so this should answer that for me.

Seriously though, it's such a ty thing that this still happens in 2014 or that it ever happened at all.

Dani Alves had a Banana thrown at him @ Villarreal and absolutely crushed it in how he reacted.

alves28apr14-472815.jpg

After the win “I don’t know who threw the banana but I want to thank him. It gave me the energy to put two more crosses in for our goals.”

Last edited:
How is that possible? Boston is full of Liberals, and Liberals can't be racists!

Curious how many people read this board so this should answer that for me.

Seriously though, it's such a ty thing that this still happens in 2014 or that it ever happened at all.

Dani Alves had a Banana thrown at him @ Bayern and absolutely crushed it in how he reacted.

alves28apr14-472815.jpg

After the win “I don’t know who threw the banana but I want to thank him. It gave me the energy to put two more crosses in for our goals.”
LOVE THAT. Was that @ Villareal No?

Who knew, Boston Bruins fans are ignorant drunken fools.

I refuse to take my son to and sporting events in Philadelphia for the same reasons. Camden Yards has always been a good venue... until the Yankees were in town. It happens in most cities but Boston, Philly, and NY are on another level.

I will never root for Montreal, but the scumbag Boston Bruins fan base and team makes it very difficult.

They are the most classless group in sports, truly disgraceful.

The only good thing ever to come from that city was the namesake band.

Its not the first time though...

I also do not think it is 0.00001 of the fanbase (or whatever it said in the article) when 17, 000 n words were said on twitter.
17,000?. Source?

Habs vs Bruins today (Habs lost :()

...Everytime Subban gets it he is booed..

I refuse to take my son to and sporting events in Philadelphia for the same reasons. Camden Yards has always been a good venue... until the Yankees were in town. It happens in most cities but Boston, Philly, and NY are on another level.

Yeah Philly is brutal. But I'm with you -- happens everywhere and upstate NY is no exception. Miserable to see this stuff going on. The older I get, the more more I struggle to remain a serious sports fan.

Habs vs Bruins today (Habs lost :()

...Everytime Subban gets it he is booed..

Well, I'm not sure how much of that is racism. Dude has been absolutely killing the B's in this series. That tends to draw negative reaction from fans regardless.

Well, I'm not sure how much of that is racism. Dude has been absolutely killing the B's in this series. That tends to draw negative reaction from fans regardless.
Agree. It is a great series. Going to 7 IMO.

Seriously. Are Canadians racist towards Chara? They seem to boo him EVERY time he touches the puck. Or is it because he is awesome?

The my fans are better people than your fans stuff is nonsense. There are douchenozzles in both cities and in both fanbases. People are jerks. Moreso when you add an irrational love of a team they don't play on and alcohol.

Seriously. Are Canadians racist towards Chara? They seem to boo him EVERY time he touches the puck. Or is it because he is awesome?

The my fans are better people than your fans stuff is nonsense. There are douchenozzles in both cities and in both fanbases. People are jerks. Moreso when you add an irrational love of a team they don't play on and alcohol.
Ok. I agree, but we boo chara because of pacioretty incident.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom