sign me up STAT | Syracusefan.com

sign me up STAT

I think we are going to end up as a one seed. Unfortunately if that happens, it might not be in the DC (East) bracket. We will still play in Philly though.

hasnt duke been the most impressive team so far?

It would be a tough elite 8 game no matter if it was a 1,4 or 5. Gonzaga did slip up against Illinois, but there offensive balance scares me -- such a deep team. They are vulnerable o the D end, especially when they try to push tempo -- offensively they are fine for that style, but it could bite them defensively. And never count a victory against an Izzo team in the tourney.

How good would Minnesota be if half its team had not transferred the past three years? Like that 3 matchup -- but I doubt Minny gets close to that in the end.

Are you kidding me??! Being a #2 seed with Duke as a #1? That's a cakewalk? I don't think so. They look like the best team in the country right now. However, the ACC schedule may soften them up, while the Big East will hopefully strengthen us. I love our team, but let's see us beat a highly ranked team like Duke has beaten them. I'm not saying we can't. Just saying we haven't.

The ACC will be a little better this year. Maybe not at the top, but they will not be anchored as badly as they were last year.

The ACC used to never have any really "bad" schools up to a few years ago... and last year it had four anchors (Maryland KP rating of 134, GTech 178, Wake 210, and BC at 259). Maryland and Georgia Tech have improved to the point where they can possibly be an NIT/CBT level team. BC is awfully bad but not as horrific. And Wake still stinks. Its not pretty but its better.

Wow, Duke's already beaten 2 #2s, a 3, a 5, a 7, an 11, and a 13.

I want to stay away from Duke as long as possible. And I really don't want to face SDSU again. We don't have a good history of beating teams in the tournament that we played in the regular season (Ohio St, Navy, Marquette come to mind).

I don't actually mind brackets done this early in the season, as it gives fans a picture of where your teams are at.

But its the methodology that bothers me. You have so little data to compare in terms of W/L's-- you choose some teams over others due to one stronger opponents. Than you choose some schools who have played nobody over others... because well they were supposed to do better. It becomes a total arbitrary mess which follows no consistent method. You can't say "its as of now" because you aren't doing it consistently .. and quite honestly its hard to do for teams in the middle or even at the top with little separating data.

I have not done any early brackets this year, but there is nothing arbitrary in the data I use in my suggestions. I use this link for my data for seedings

http://www.rpiforecast.com/index2.html

It takes the results as of now, and based on current power ranking formula, projects your ending numbers. It's so much easier to look at numbers this way and decide where your team is trending too. Its not a projection either, because I am not playing god predicting future results... it just takes what has happened and puts it in 30 game data.

Based on those the number one seeds would appear to be Duke, Indiana, Florida and one of Syracuse/Louisville. The number two seed line would look like one of Syr/Lou, Michigan, Kansas and ??.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom