Silent G is the anti-Dwight | Syracusefan.com

Silent G is the anti-Dwight

mark79

Doughnut connoisseur
Dwight Howard takes an abnormally long time to take his free throws. Meanwhile there's Silent G who takes two seconds or less to shoot his free throws. The ref passes him the ball and without any sort of preshot routine up it goes. I don't recall ever seeing anyone pro or college take less time than he does.

But if he continues to play like he has who cares...

I was just shocked to see him knock down a pair - I think that was the only time he's done that all year other than late in the game last week vs Vtech

He's also likeable, unlike Howard...

G's stroke is fine, so it has to be mental, or maybe he's rushing it by shooting them so quickly? I wonder if he'd be a better FT shooter if he went into more of a routine to slow himself down...

G's stroke is fine, so it has to be mental, or maybe he's rushing it by shooting them so quickly? I wonder if he'd be a better FT shooter if he went into more of a routine to slow himself down...
GMAC said on the radio this week that silentG is using this routine so that he doesn't have time to think about the shot. It takes the whole mental piece out of the shot. We'll see how it goes the last few weeks here

according to what I've read on the board, he isn't likable.

GMAC said on the radio this week that silentG is using this routine so that he doesn't have time to think about the shot. It takes the whole mental piece out of the shot. We'll see how it goes the last few weeks here
That quick release doesn't give me time to get my magic fingers waggle going, not to mention using my prodigious mental powers to will the ball into the basket. He would do much better if he would just let me get set!

He has the biggest confidence issues on the team. If he figures out how to block out those demons, he's an All-ACC player next year.

Dwight Howard takes an abnormally long time to take his free throws. Meanwhile there's Silent G who takes two seconds or less to shoot his free throws. The ref passes him the ball and without any sort of preshot routine up it goes. I don't recall ever seeing anyone pro or college take less time than he does.

But if he continues to play like he has who cares...

My son and I were talking about that a few games ago. It's like someone told him not to think and just take the shot. Hoping he develops a routine that calms him, slows him down before taking them. It's all mental at this point.

He has the biggest confidence issues on the team. If he figures out how to block out those demons, he's an All-ACC player next year.
Really? It seems to me he has to stand in line behind Roberson, Joseph, and BJ. What do you mean?

Really? It seems to me he has to stand in line behind Roberson, Joseph, and BJ. What do you mean?

ha. just think about that. i think you are 100% right. and i think the other poster was 90% right. we have 4 guys that have pretty severe confidence issues. And that doesn't include Cooney who is streaky (im a cooney lover), and Rak who played 3 years and clearly (everyone knew it at the time and hopkins openly talked about it and its even more obvious in hindsight) the only thing that held him back was his mental approach. And then we have Ron.

oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

There was an article about this last week after he hit the free throws against V Tech. It was a change that he made after working with Autry.

G is a redshirt junior who was more highly rated than the others. His game is more developed today than all 3 of those players. If we pretended real life was a NCAA 2015 video game, if we turned each player's confidence up to 100%, G would be the best player by a really big margin, IMO.

He has shown flashes in games this year of being downright dominant. The others have simply showed flashes of being good players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom