Silver Lining? | Syracusefan.com

Silver Lining?

Janner

Starter
I can't imagine us missing out on the NCAAs is going to help Lydon's draft stock. Like every year, there are going to be a few of kids who pull a Malachi Richardson and a few kids who's stock will rise. If he doesn't show out during his evaluation he might slip to a point where he would be best served to come back.

I was going to say, "none."

I really don't expect Lydon back, but if this leaves a sour taste in his mouth and he doesn't want to go out on an NIT note, then that would be swell.

I really don't expect Lydon back, but if this leaves a sour taste in his mouth and he doesn't want to go out on an NIT note, then that would be swell.
What reason do you have the strongest draft in 20 years . I think he did not have a great year in coach said he does like school but coach also said he was not expecting them back at the beginning of the year in preseason

Well I think everyone more or less agrees that lydon is more likely to leave than to return but his coming back would actually be a platinum lining.

A team with lydon/battle/Thompson/Moyer and whatever else we have is dramtically better than that crew minus lydon. Think top 25 vs ???? I don't even know.

What reason do you have the strongest draft in 20 years . I think he did not have a great year in coach said he does like school but coach also said he was not expecting them back at the beginning of the year in preseason

I can see why he'd leave but I have to imagine even NBA evaluators would have thought they'd see better production. I know numbers aren't their primary concern but play 40 mins and putting up 5 points is a bit of a red flag.

Maybe we'll run the pick and roll with Battle and Lydon in the NIT and see what could've been all year. And then what might be next year.

Coach also said this was one of his most talented teams ever. Hopefully, JB will continue with the poor prognostication.

Also puts to rest the "is JB done?" questions (though it seemed clear he'd be back next year regardless.) No way he leaves on the NIT note.

Maybe during the NIT some coach will announce there's no way he's ready for the NBA.

I think he was always going to test the waters regardless of postseason scenario - I also think he won't get the greatest feedback when he is evaluated in workouts/scrimmages/measurements, especially when compared against the surefire 1st round prospects...
now with TB, I think we could be in trouble if he opts to test the waters, because I think he'll grade out really well and probably stay in the draft

I think the movie a year or 2 ago with that title and that chick from Hunger Games and the dude from Limitless in it was pretty decent, though I dont want to explain it for me personally.

I can't imagine us missing out on the NCAAs is going to help Lydon's draft stock. Like every year, there are going to be a few of kids who pull a Malachi Richardson and a few kids who's stock will rise. If he doesn't show out during his evaluation he might slip to a point where he would be best served to come back.
Get what you're saying, but somehow, even discussing this makes me feel it's like applauding an unforced error in tennis.

I hope he's back. For our sake as well as his. He can be a better player when he hits the NBA.

I think he was always going to test the waters regardless of postseason scenario - I also think he won't get the greatest feedback when he is evaluated in workouts/scrimmages/measurements, especially when compared against the surefire 1st round prospects...
now with TB, I think we could be in trouble if he opts to test the waters, because I think he'll grade out really well and probably stay in the draft
I'm not sure if you have inside knowledge. But I could swear an insider here said that Battle will 100% be back. And that Lydon is leaning towards coming back but will still declare and go through the process

Lydon's draft position will be determined by his showing at the combine. Obviously, he is already on the NBA radar and has an established body of work on the court. Whether he plays in the NIT or NCAAT, and how he performs there, matters very little at this point.

Had Mali not gone off against UVA, he was still going to test the waters and would still have graded out the same at the combine and would have been a late first round pick.

I'm not sure if you have inside knowledge. But I could swear an insider here said that Battle will 100% be back. And that Lydon is leaning towards coming back but will still declare and go through the process
nope, no inside knowledge and I do expect Tyus back for another year - just saying that *if* he were to put his name in for evaluation to see where he stands and hear what NBA folks think he needs to improve on - that the assessment could be such (with an agent perhaps getting in his ear) that he/his dad are convinced he could go 1st round this year... I just have a feeling his measurables will be quite high

#1 pick in the draft isn't even going to be playing in the NIT.

If Lydon does well in the combine he'll get picked, if he doesn't he'll probably be back.

Seeing how this team is lining up as of right now we're realistically not going to be any better, if team success is a factor on where he's selected then he should leave asap.