Silver Lining | Syracusefan.com

Silver Lining

Mano22

Walk On
Who knows how Grant's back would have been after 2-3 games in a row. And Cooney's leg could probably use some time off as well. This loss just might give us the rest we need.

I know CJ played like a dogshit taco. He made literally 1 shot that was not a run out dunk. And somehow Keita played even worse. Cooney continued his month long slump. This may have been our worst game of the year. We got a (now standard) BS charge call at the end and they hit a (now standard) bank 3 down the stretch. And yet we still almost won.

This team is at rock bottom, and yet continues to compete. Tonight all we needed was for Cooney to go 2-6 instead of 1-6 or for Fair to have a 35th percentile game instead of a 2nd percentile game or for Keita to not throw the ball out of bounds or right to the other team 4 times. If 2 of those things happen we win by 10.

This team is certainly not our greatest, but all we need is a little confidence bump and we will be fine. It is all in their heads. The good news is that every other team is beatable this year (except apparently Louisville.) I welcome the 3 in the West. Zona is mediocre, and I think getting the hell out of dodge might help us clear our heads a little.

Who knows how Grant's back would have been after 2-3 games in a row. And Cooney's leg could probably use some time off as well. This loss just might give us the rest we need.

I know CJ played like a dogshit taco. He made literally 1 shot that was not a run out dunk. And somehow Keita played even worse. Cooney continued his month long slump. This may have been our worst game of the year. We got a (now standard) BS charge call at the end and they hit a (now standard) bank 3 down the stretch. And yet we still almost won.

This team is at rock bottom, and yet continues to compete. Tonight all we needed was for Cooney to go 2-6 instead of 1-6 or for Fair to have a 35th percentile game instead of a 2nd percentile game or for Keita to not throw the ball out of bounds or right to the other team 4 times. If 2 of those things happen we win by 10.

This team is certainly not our greatest, but all we need is a little confidence bump and we will be fine. It is all in their heads. The good news is that every other team is beatable this year (except apparently Louisville.) I welcome the 3 in the West. Zona is mediocre, and I think getting the hell out of dodge might help us clear our heads a little.
Zona is not mediocre...that said I like the phrase dogspit taco

The reality is that syracuse is not a good basketball team any more They lost 5-7 games to mostly bad teams. This team is done.

Any 12-13 seed could beat this team. This is the least confident I've felt going into the tourney in years. I mean right now I have ZERO confidence in this team. I would be shocked right now if they get out of the round of 32. And the first game will just be scary anyway.

Yeah but none of that stuff happened and frankly this game was totally "in family" with our last 7 games. This is the team. Period.

Mano, I appreciate your optimism, I really do but people have been making those same assertions here since we started this losing debacle. You are absolutely right, all we need is for Cooney to make a few more shots, for CJ to shoot a better percentage, for Baye to not make so many mistakes, or Rak to not get 4 fouls in 2.4 nanoseconds. But the reality of the situation is that while we've all been waiting for them to snap out of it... kit hasn't happened. And it's not just one guy having an off game from time to time, it's several players inexplicably being unable to do pretty much ANYTHING right. The numbers don't lie when the sample size gets as large as it is now. What we are seeing from this team now is not an aberration. It's where this team is right now and it's become what is expected to be observed when they play.

I hope above all else that they can suddenly find that swagger and magic that they had earlier this year, but with each passing game like the one we watched tonight, the chances of that happening become less and less likely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom