Since the buzzer beater then blue shorts and Boston College | Syracusefan.com

Since the buzzer beater then blue shorts and Boston College

20Plus

I know this has been talked about specifically and in general but since Tyler’s three point buzzer beater to beat Pittsburgh here’s what I just looked up.

109 games

of which I labeled 21 as give me games as clear cupcakes! Soanything marginal was not put into this 21 game category.

So that leaves 88 games that were True games since the buzzer beater. In those real true games we are 40 and 48. Ugggghhh

I am beyond pissed off by this!!

that is a ridiculously sad record!!

Add 2 wins and 4 more losses for this year in6 real games.

94 true games they are 42-54 and by
my fast count 16 of the true games are bottom three teams in our league

I wish I never figure this out but I’m hoping it’ll change the Mojo in my twisted mind of Syracuse basketball. I had lost 7 Straight Road trip I went on starting with losing the last big east game to Louisville in New York I did enjoy the games before on the same trip but

7 Straight Roadtrips seven straight losses then stop going. They won in New York last year. This year didn’t go in they still lost but still

Last edited by a moderator:
Our recruiting has been why we have become medicore.
Sanctions hurt and our program being stagnant has hurt.
The record doesn’t shock me. What frustrates me is the fact our games aren’t entertaining. Our playing style has become ugly and it’s not just not good basketball. We aren’t a good fundamental team.
The SU women’s team plays a way more entertaining brand of basketball than the men.

Best Non conference wins 10
Buffalo
Ohio State
Texas A&M
2x-Connecticut
2x-Maryland
2x-Georgetown
Iowa

Acc wins
2x-Duke
4x-FSU
4x-Virginia tech
2x- Louisville
2x-Notre Dame
2x-NC State
2x-Clemson
2x -Miami
2x-Pittsburgh

Virginia

I excluded wake forest Boston College Georgia Tech on purpose
one of the Pittsburgh wins could also be discounted and same with North Carolina State and maybe a couple of Virginia T

Our recruiting has been why we have become medicore.
Sanctions hurt and our program being stagnant has hurt.
The record doesn’t shock me. What frustrates me is the fact our games aren’t entertaining. Our playing style has become ugly and it’s not just not good basketball. We aren’t a good fundamental team.
The SU women’s team plays a way more entertaining brand of basketball than the men.
That’s equally as frustrating but if we won more games it would be entertaining

7- Great and spectacular tournament wins
3-Arizona St,TCU,Michigan State
4-Dayton,middle Tenn,Gonzaga,Virginia

I excluded wake forest Boston College Georgia Tech on purpose
one of the Pittsburgh wins could also be discounted and same with North Carolina State and maybe a couple of Virginia T
Seems arbitrary.

If you want to make a point, you can't pick and choose which data you will include/exclude.

Wait... you're telling me that Syracuse hasn't been very good in the regular season since the Pitt buzzer beater? Crap. This is brand new information to me

Wait... you're telling me that Syracuse hasn't been very good in the regular season since the Pitt buzzer beater? Crap. This is brand new information to me
It’s about the numbers our worse than I thought

You are missing the NCAAT wins.
Western Michigan
Dayton
Middle Tennessee
Gonzaga
Virginia
Arizona State
TCU
Michigan State
I was literally working on it as you spoke

That’s 26-54 in the 50 -50 or harder games!
Why stop there? In the 50-50 or harder games that we've lost, we're 0-54! That is absolutely unacceptable any way you look at it, and I don't want to hear any of the Polyannas on this board try to tell me otherwise. At least give me entertaining basketball if you're going to lose every game so I can sleep at night. I've about had it.

It’s about the numbers our worse than I thought

So you haven't been paying attention? Lol we all know it's been lackluster and not up to the standards we're used to.

Sanctions hurt. Recruiting misses hurt. Players leaving early hurts. Coaching can hurt (and help; see tournament runs)

We've had some very good wins despite our mediocrity but we are all fully aware that we haven't been the team we usually are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom