SISTER JEAN!!! | Syracusefan.com

SISTER JEAN!!!

Zippy1808

2nd String
maxresdefault.jpg

this has been a great story but she needs to take a step back and allow the players the limelight.
name one loyola player ? media is focused intently on the team but perhaps for the wrong reasons.

this has been a great story but she needs to take a step back and allow the players the limelight.
name one loyola player ? media is focused intently on the team but perhaps for the wrong reasons.

Custer but I couldn’t name one on K-State nor Nevada though. Don’t know why I remember Custer but that Sr Jean has only brought more attention to the team especially as a Cinderella. It’s a win-win for them and active, alert, articulate 98 year olds. ;) Bet most people didn’t even know Loyola in Chicago had a D1 program. If they didn’t win they’d be just another Lipscomb University , UNCG or Radford - Sr Jean or not.

I don't think she's done anything wrong but if anything your beef would be with the media and not her.

Last edited:
I don't she's done anything wrong but if anything your beef would be with the media and not her.
i agree. a lot of folks don't follow college ball but like this narrative. but she hasn't exactly been camera shy at all. all over the news. way more than the kids who play.

Eh she's not seeking the spotlight. Its a great story

i agree. a lot of folks don't follow college ball but like this narrative. but she hasn't exactly been camera shy at all. all over the news. way more than the kids who play.

It's a win/win for everybody affiliated with Loyola. The players are getting plenty of attention. What's she supposed to do? Decline interview requests?

Tell me your kidding. 98 in a wheel chair do you think she is cruising her chair trolling for the press? Wow

It was "Oh, how sweet" the first time. Now it's :vomit:. But I generally despise human interest stories and all paparazzi related ilk.

Tell me your kidding. 98 in a wheel chair do you think she is cruising her chair trolling for the press? Wow

As I watched her story unfold I thought to myself that inevitably a few folks on this board would have a problem with it. Sure enough.

you spin it into an attack on sister jean. it's not. but she's not playing . cbs led off the morning news with an interview. great . but she is just an ancillary piece of the story.
credit rightly goes to the players and coaches who won the games. not the fans.

you spin it into an attack on sister jean. it's not. but she's not playing . cbs led off the morning news with an interview. great . but she is just an ancillary piece of the story.

I agree to a point but to repeat, your beef is with the media not her.

She's a veritable Lavar Ball wannabe.

You mean like watching crying kids right after 2 teams have battled all game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom