Six assists for MCW??? Six? | Syracusefan.com

Six assists for MCW??? Six?

Jake

Mod
For every "wink nod" assist that Michael gets at home, he looses a legit assist on the road.

He got screwed out of at least 4-5 tonight. Holy crap.

No wonder this conference sucks, no one in that town can count to 7.

Can't wait for the ACC. Their refs and stat keepers are so much better.:)
Next year we are going to have a tough time winning these kind of games down south.

Sounds about right we only made 26 baskets he had 6 so he had an assist on 6 of 20 baskets. Brandon and James shot like and that is why the number is low. We had at least 5 put backs so that would make it 6 of 15 baskets.

I actually looked the rule up the other day to ensure I understood it correctly.

The "rule" allows for some dribbling by the "assistee" as long as said player was put into the position to score by the person making the pass and as long as said player did not make too much of an offensive move on their own to create their shot. For instance that fast break to southerland for the dunk should have been an assist even though he dribbled a few times in my opinion. On the other hand there was a pass to CJ under the basket where he faked, dribbled a few times, pivotted, and the ducked under for the bucket. Even I as a homer had a tough time deciding on that one but I would have given it to him. Thought he had way more than 6 though.

MCW got ripped for a bunch of assists.

One bright spot was the CJ double/double.

only charged with 1 turnover though. that seems low.

MCW had a solid game. Still could shoot/finish a little better but I have no real complaints about his performance tonight. As much as some don't like it, he has to continue to shoot those open looks from 3 that are there—and hopefully make a decent enough % of them to keep defenses honest.
He ended up 2/6 from three tonight, and I'm actually OK with that.

MCW had a solid game. Still could shoot/finish a little better but I have no real complaints about his performance tonight. As much as some don't like it, he has to continue to shoot those open looks from 3 that are there—and hopefully make a decent enough % of them to keep defenses honest.
He ended up 2/6 from three tonight, and I'm actually OK with that.
The 2nd three was a huge one as well.