Six head coaches since 1949 | Syracusefan.com

Six head coaches since 1949

CuyahogaCuse

2nd String
Ben, Maloney, Mac, P, He who shall not be named, and Doug. That's the list.

Pitt has had six head coaches since 2010.

Perspective. Breathe everyone. We will be OK.

Too late...I've already made 1000 torches to give to those who want to join my angry mob and charge up the hill. Springfield USA will have nothing over this motley group.

Too late...I've already made 1000 torches to give to those who want to join my angry mob and charge up the hill. Springfield USA will have nothing over this motley group.

How do I get a torch?

How do I get a torch?

I put them in a snow bank near the library. I've already arranged for the band to be playing as we charge the Dome since they're just wearing rags I had no problem getting them to play free of charge as we mount our posse.

Ben, Maloney, Mac, P, He who shall not be named, and Doug. That's the list.

Pitt has had six head coaches since 2010.

Perspective. Breathe everyone. We will be OK.
Not necessarily. We have been an exceptional case in this regard, and especially in hoops. That is part of what worries me so much.

We actually have a very strong civilization, to use my prior analogy, for hoops. Our facilities are tremendous, we have a local talent base, and we have stability. But surely a large part of our success is due to JB and the continuity he has provided. IF Hopkins pans out - especially since he is such a good recruiter - then we will continue to be an outlier in terms of the coaching model. But the program can thrive.

I want Marrone to succeed so gosh darned badly because we have a history of guys "coming home" to coach here and doing well. I would argue that such continuity is crucial for us, given our position as a private school etc etc. Every coaching change is a chance for disruption, and we are not well suited to weather disruptions. We will always be living on the edge to some extent, and the less we rock the boat, the better.

I do not believe we are well positioned this year to attract a coach who will continue what Marrone has begun, unless he has SU ties in some way. The moment there is an actual announcement of a new indoor facility, etc., with start dates and all, we will be set. We are not there yet. The kinds of coaches we really want aren't going to jump at the "opportunity" we present, IMO. Not yet. Reason #100 why Marrone has been a godsend. Would he have done this had he not bled Orange?