Six or Seven Players | Syracusefan.com

Six or Seven Players

tptcuse

Living Legend
I am curious to hear people's opinion: JB should (and probably will) go back to a six to seven player rotation. The current rotations look lost together. Let JB decide the best seven players (as he usually does) and let them play almost all of the minutes, even on the few "easier" games we have left. The team needs chemistry offensively and defensively and I don't see how that is built with a bunch of brand new players playing in continuously changing line-ups.

I see this as a possibility:
PG: Howard
SG: Battle (assuming foot is healed)
SF: White
PF: Lydon
C: Coleman
Bench: Gillon and Thompson (Lydon playing center when Thompson in. Coleman very limited minutes depending upon production. So, essentially six players.)

That's what he's playing right now. All you're doing is benching Roberson.

That's what he's playing right now. All you're doing is benching Roberson.
There have been three different starting line-ups. I am talking about Gillon (or Howard) getting way less minutes, Battle and Thompson getting more and leaving it at that.

Did you notice that Thompson played center, not Lydon.
Yes. I have also noticed that every time he gets a chance, JB says Lydon is the best center.

EDIT: But to your point, the same idea. Thompson at center, but consistently. Coleman will likely always get the token start and occasionally make the most of it. My main point was no more experimental line-ups. Let everyone get comfortable.

Last edited:
JB only has personnel decisions to make if he wants to go with 7:
1) Battle. He's the 3rd guard, but JB could choose to play AW3 at the 2 to spell Frank/JG, thereby relegating Battle to the bench for most games
2) Roberson or TT. Pick 1. TT can play the 5 - Robey can't, but Lydon could.

If JB wants to get to 6 or 7, that's what he'd do.

Frank, Gillon, AW3, Lydon, Coleman. TT/Robey off the bench, and Battle if he wants to get to 7.

We all know JB doesn't want to play 8 guys, so either he goes with both Forwards off the bench, and the 3rd guard becomes AW3. Or if he wants Battle to be the 3rd guyard, either TT or Robey lose their playing time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom