Skaneateles decides to appeal judge's ruling | Syracusefan.com

Skaneateles decides to appeal judge's ruling

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
2011-11-01-jb-skaneateles4jpg-627ea84774c5ec0f.jpg

Just in: Skaneateles decides to appeal judge's ruling that threatens to end football season

As bad as I feel for the kids on that team, getting this overruled would set a bad precedent. It can't be overlooked that many of these families knew what was going on and that Section 3 voted 28-0 to disqualify the team. 28-0, think about that.

As bad as I feel for the kids on that team, getting this overruled would set a bad precedent. It can't be overlooked that many of these families knew what was going on and that Section 3 voted 28-0 to disqualify the team. 28-0, think about that.

When you refer to what the families knew, are you referring to the Skaneatalas families? You mean they knew that recruiting of kids outside the school district was occurring?

How many kids actually transferred into the School District, do you know?

at least 4

but there is no shame in trying at this point.

but the real question is how many will finnish out the school year there.it's not cheap to live in skinny.

Pennies compared to Marcellus...:)

:bang:
Sorry Bees but this is crazy!! Can you really generalize that "many families knew what was going on"? Its bothersome that people intimate that "everyone knew"... that just ain't the case. Further I need to remind everyone that the first "allegations" were made by Skaneateles residents and were then pursued through the school district ... so please people don't make it sound like all the allegations ... and they are allegations ... were uncovered through brilliant investigative reporting.

Sorry Bees but this is crazy!! Can you really generalize that "many families knew what was going on"? Its bothersome that people intimate that "everyone knew"... that just ain't the case. Further I need to remind everyone that the first "allegations" were made by Skaneateles residents and were then pursued through the school district ... so please people don't make it sound like all the allegations ... and they are allegations ... were uncovered through brilliant investigative reporting.

Section III coaches knew about these "allegations" since the 2010-2011 football season because their football players were being contacted by Skaneateles coaches. I keep hearing how this years team shouldn't be punished because the kids did nothing wrong. That's false. There is at least one kid on this years team who played at a different school last year, who is now living in Skaneateles with a "family member". Kids mom lives in the city.

The issue, as I see it, is not whether infractions were committed (the district SELF REPORTED to Section III), the issue is whether the penalty was too severe relative to the kids on this team, regardless of the 28-0 vote. There clearly should be a penalty. Green's resignation was a good place to start.

It's not crazy. Very few people know ALL the facts (and I am NOT one of them). But the Section 3 committee knows every little dirty detail, some of which has never been mentioned in the paper, and they voted 28-0. Not one single person from any school, schools that don't even play Skinny, voted in their favor. And this has been going on and known about by other schools for longer than some residents complaining. It's also not just about who ended up going there no matter how small the number.

It's not crazy. Very few people know ALL the facts (and I am NOT one of them). But the Section 3 committee knows every little dirty detail, some of which has never been mentioned in the paper, and they voted 28-0. Not one single person from any school, schools that don't even play Skinny, voted in their favor. And this has been going on and known about by other schools for longer than some residents complaining. It's also not just about who ended up going there no matter how small the number.

You are correct think about trying to get 28 people to agree on anything, there is so much more that's not being discussed and that comes from staff at Skan.

I heard that Skaneateles was censured by section 3 for the same issue last year. They had a student ruled illegal but the team won only one 1 game last year so it wasn't big news. Skaneateles people knew - many led the charge.

I also know that people heavily involved in athletics did know - I heard about it from an AA coach (not football) early last spring but I was skeptical because it sounded way too blatant for a smart man like Green so I dismissed it. Everything I was told though has come out publicly now. So weird.

why dont the other schools in the district who have kids illegally on their teams step up then and forfeit their seasons? or is this only an issue for the teams that are winning or its only a deal if they coaches "recruited" the kids?

any why isnt Sk. doing anything about it with the other sports at the school?

why dont the other schools in the district who have kids illegally on their teams step up then and forfeit their seasons? or is this only an issue for the teams that are winning or its only a deal if they coaches "recruited" the kids?

any why isnt Sk. doing anything about it with the other sports at the school?
What other sports are being conducted "illegally" at Skaneateles? If you have such information that wouldn't it be advisable for you to approach the Section III admin?

I heard that Skaneateles was censured by section 3 for the same issue last year. They had a student ruled illegal but the team won only one 1 game last year so it wasn't big news. Skaneateles people knew - many led the charge.

I also know that people heavily involved in athletics did know - I heard about it from an AA coach (not football) early last spring but I was skeptical because it sounded way too blatant for a smart man like Green so I dismissed it. Everything I was told though has come out publicly now. So weird.

I don't remember any censure from last year. And as I said above, if there are so many people "now" who claim they knew something before the District began its investigation than why didn't they come forward. I'm not supporting Tim Green ... I just hate everyone generalizing their opinions to the students, all the players, and to the residents of the village.

I have no problem with the vote except that it impacts kids who were never involved. What I have a problem with and will reiterate is that if so many people knew about it why didn't they bring it to Section III.

I just want everyone to stop generalizing!!

I don't remember any censure from last year.

Skaneateles was censured for using an ineligible player last season. The kid played in a game without having taken part in the required number of practices. In censuring the football team, Section 3 stated that any further violations uncovered could result in harsh penalties.

just going by what i have been told from other coaches in the school and knowing what i do about how they run the other programs this is not a one sport issue.. I know of 3 other schools in the area doing the same thing in fball so thats why I am not worked up about it.. if the team as 3-5 or being coached by someone why was not pissing off other coaches at the school the issue would never have been brought up.. and this was told to me by coaches themselves..

Has any one complained to the section about the other three schools? If so why hasn't Section III made it public, if not why not?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom