Slick Rick out at UCLA | Syracusefan.com

Slick Rick out at UCLA

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
lots of firings this week.

arent they in the pac-10 title game saturday? im aware oregon is going to pummel them but still

arent they in the pac-10 title game saturday? im aware oregon is going to pummel them but still
I think the 50-0 loss to USC did him in. Question...If UCLA pulls the upset I assume they get the BCS bid? That would be good for the BE. A team with a worse record than the BE champ.

The P12 must be pissed of this timing. How embarrassing that the team in your P12 CG fired its couch BEFORE the game? What was the point in doing it now? What advantage do you gain? And why put the team through this and ruin the 0.01% chance they had to win the game?

welcome to big time college football in the modern era, produce or get the out, plain and simple. what are your expectations? That is what I am saying about Marrone, next year could be his last

welcome to big time college football in the modern era, produce or get the **** out, plain and simple. what are your expectations? That is what I am saying about Marrone, next year could be his last
Correct me if I'm wrong but...wasn't Rick "one of theirs"? Further proof that it is not always your record, but how you achieve you record. How can anyone not think Marrone is in jeopardy next year if he loses the last 5 games of the season. This team has won 2 games against BCS team this season.

Correct me if I'm wrong but...wasn't Rick "one of theirs"? Further proof that it is not always your record, but how you achieve you record. How can anyone not think Marrone is in jeopardy next year if he loses the last 5 games of the season. This team has won 2 games against BCS team this season.

Again, I think many here aren't watching the current landscape of college football, they are referncing scenarios of 25 years ago with Beamer and Coach Mac, as I said in today's landscape, marrone is 100% on the hot seat next year, 100%. I don't care what anyone says unless it's Gross

Mike Leach, come on down...

Mike Leach, come on down...

If leach isn't hired by one of these teams, he simply does not want to coach or refuses to drop the ESPN lawsuit, ( I seem to remember that he did do that, but cant remember) Leach in Pasadena would be fun, he did go to law school at Pepperdine. I think he is a better fit at ASU though

Again, I think many here aren't watching the current landscape of college football, they are referncing scenarios of 25 years ago with Beamer and Coach Mac, as I said in today's landscape, marrone is 100% on the hot seat next year, 100%. I don't care what anyone says unless it's Gross

IMO there are very few good HCs any more. I think the "talent" out there is slim pickings. Most HCs are mediocre. Which is why it is dumb that some of these schools keep hiring and firing guys. If a guy is a disaster it is fine to can him (see Locksley or Gill). But not every school can be a winner. If you have a mediocre guy and there isn't a good option out there, why fire him?

WV had a mediocre guy and went and got an O genius. That makes sense. But a school like MD getting HCRE is just asinine. Same with Pitt and Wanny. And the same would be true if Marrone is let go after 4 seasons. He isn't a disaster. So unless we can get Leach or someone like him, why fire Marrone?

In addition the salaries of these guys is completely out of control. There are maybe a dozen guys who are worth over a million a year. The rest of the guys out there are interchangeably mediocre. Those guys aren't worth 1/2 a million but get paid closer to $2 million. Dumb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom