Slightly OT Coincidence | Syracusefan.com

Slightly OT Coincidence

JoeSU

All American
I just met the recently-retired (6/2012) President of Rutgers, Dick McCormick. He purchased a vacation/retirement home near our campus and he was here for a brief tour of our facilities.
Nice guy - very unassuming. Naturally I asked about the B1G move and he seemed pleased to respond that it had just been officially announced, but offered no other insights (his tone seemed positive). I didn't think it was the time or place to press him for more.

I just met the recently-retired (6/2012) President of Rutgers, Dick McCormick. He purchased a vacation/retirement home near our campus and he was here for a brief tour of our facilities.
Nice guy - very unassuming. Naturally I asked about the B1G move and he seemed pleased to respond that it had just been officially announced, but offered no other insights (his tone seemed positive). I didn't think it was the time or place to press him for more.

What else would he really say? He should have had a eating grin on his face. What he should have said was "We're the trailer trash deadbeat that just won the Powerball on a ticket we purchased with our welfare check. We don't deserve the money, but we'll take it!" That would have been the stone cold, no nonsense truth.