Slightly OT: Our modest board celebrity... | Syracusefan.com

Slightly OT: Our modest board celebrity...

cto

Administrator
We have a most interesting celebrity on this forum. SUMBA, an honored investment guru, makes frequent TV appearances. Yesterday, he did an informative (and humorous) interview on financial markets. And SU got a plug in the process! Way to go, SUMBA. (And, yes, I did not identify his "real" name on purpose, so don't ask).

I will assume that SUMBA is Jim Cramer until I hear otherwise.

Jim-Cramer1.jpg

I need to just start asking board members for their autographs when I meet them, just in case. Or I should just assume that anyone hanging out with NYCfan is famous. Either way.

CusefanATL said:
Whats up with the secrecy? sell yourself. Either way, Im glad you are doing well. Keep up the good work.
I agree. I watch that stuff all the time. Would def make sure I tuned into an SU alum!

Perhaps you missed the part of CTO's post where she said the interview was informative and humorous. Either of those criteria would exclude Mr. Cramer.
I find the lightning round very informative! I only need 10 seconds to be sold on a stock

I need to just start asking board members for their autographs when I meet them, just in case. Or I should just assume that anyone hanging out with NYCfan is famous. Either way.
Don't ask Bees though, his charging fee is out the door.

Follow his advice at your own peril...he is not a guy I would follow.

I don't take any stock tips from him, to be honest I havnen't purchased stocks in a few years, I just find him amusing.

Picking stocks is a hard business. Stock prices reflect all known information. Many people have made money by being optimistic enough to place their bets and hold on. Those that traded too frequently or lost their nerve and sold when panicked have lost lots of money. However, the past is not a guarantee of the future. There is no guarantee that optimism will work in the future as it has since about 1982.

SUMBA should have Simba with an SU hat on as his avatar.