SMU head coach | Syracusefan.com

SMU head coach

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Had no idea that Larry Brown is now the head coach at SMU. I guess that old Dallas booster money can really buy a lot. He's doing a hell of a job there.

If they manage to hold on and beat Cinci they are definitely looking strong for an NCAA bid. You think the committee will put them in KU's bracket? How about a first round matchup between Roy Williams and Larry Brown with the winner slated to play KU?

Had no idea that Larry Brown is now the head coach at SMU. I guess that old Dallas booster money can really buy a lot. He's doing a hell of a job there.

If they manage to hold on and beat Cinci they are definitely looking strong for an NCAA bid. You think the committee will put them in KU's bracket? How about a first round matchup between Roy Williams and Larry Brown with the winner slated to play KU?

Yeah--he's been there for what?--maybe two years or so?

Like you said, he's doing a great job there.

Funny I was just thinking the same thing. What/why/how is he @SMU? Maybe it's just his swan song middle finger to prove he can win anywhere?
Apparently he has an elite PG coming in next yr too.

And people laughed when I said Don't sleep on SMU, early this season. Larry Brown pulled in some good transfers and is recruiting as good as anyone except the very elite.

I agree that he is an all time great. What If you were hiring a guy to take over your team or business. Is the couple years of success worth the inevitable rebuilding period which follows. #I love JB

realorange said:
And people laughed when I said Don't sleep on SMU, early this season. Larry Brown pulled in some good transfers and is recruiting as good as anyone except the very elite.
He does have a top 5 recruit coming in next year. I wasn't laughing at you at all, Brown has done a heck of a job over there. He really seems to enjoy the college game, wish he went back to it many years before.

Last edited:
PauliePeppas said:
How long does he stay is the real question

I'm not sure if I'm making this up or actually read it but I think I read somewhere the he had a timeline on how long he was going to coach and had a coach in waiting behind him. Again, I could have swore I read that but who knows I read so much crap I forget half of it.

How long does he stay is the real question
I got my masters degree at SMU. Its a really nice campus, with a new arena. They have a bazillion dollars (which is what got them in trouble in the past). They will keep him there as long as he wants to coach.