SNF / Mike Tirico Mention | Syracusefan.com

SNF / Mike Tirico Mention

Have seen him on a flight or two between Syracuse and Detroit. Both times with his family. Also saw him once in the Detroit airport with an SU hat. I believe he still lives in Ann Arbor. Fellow oldies will remember him on TV with WTVH in Syracuse. Great Orangeman.

Have seen him on a flight or two between Syracuse and Detroit. Both times with his family. Also saw him once in the Detroit airport with an SU hat. I believe he still lives in Ann Arbor. Fellow oldies will remember him on TV with WTVH in Syracuse. Great Orangeman.
Does old enough count? I remember Tirico at Channel 5. He was a good sportscaster then as a young man, you knew he was going places.

One of hardest workers of all the Newhouse/WAER guys I ever saw. Handled a DO full-time beat while doing all the WAER stuff. Knew he was headed for big things.

Class act. Heard he donates a ton to the school. Way more than Marv Albert
Marv Albert once told me, he transferred to NYU for his degree. Don't know why we even include him in the fold, if he's not an alum.

Marv Albert once told me, he transferred to NYU for his degree. Don't know why we even include him in the fold, if he's not an alum.

Ha, always thought it was synonymous with graduate. Regardless, he didn't seem that proud of his affiliation with SU. Maybe, it's because everyone thinks he's an actual graduate; which SU seems to perpetuate.

I also remember Tirico on WTVH but I like “old enough” better too haha. Check out the sweet graphics

Ha, always thought it was synonymous with graduate. Regardless, he didn't seem that proud of his affiliation with SU. Maybe, it's because everyone thinks he's an actual graduate; which SU seems to perpetuate.

Wasn’t Marv kicked out of SU for plagiarism or some sort of cheating?

Wasn’t Marv kicked out of SU for plagiarism or some sort of cheating?
I don’t think so. An indiscretion as an adult certainly impacted his career. But I don’t remember anything from SU.

I don’t think so. An indiscretion as an adult certainly impacted his career. But I don’t remember anything from SU.
I think it was the extent of the shock of the indiscretion.

In college we desperately tried to get on the world famous “Sports Nuts” game show that Tirico hosted on Channel 5

Speaking of SU greats in the booth giving SU shout outs, the one bright spot so far in this Giants/Eagles game is Moose shouting out the excellent work of the Eagles OL coach who he "worked with back in the day at Syracuse University".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom