Snowed In | Syracusefan.com

Snowed In

SaltLakeOrange

All Conference
There is about 8 inches of snow on the ground here which means the district is effectively closed. That will give me time to rewatch the game today...I'm really still a little in shock...what a great finish!

We may not go undefeated, but this team is sure as hell going to try!!!! Lets Go Orange!

Last edited:
There is about 8 inches of snow on the ground here which means the district is effectively closed. That will give me time to rewatch the game today...I'm really still a little in shock...what a great finish!

We may not go undefeated, but this team is sure as he'll going to try!!!! Lets Go Orange!
I pretty much knew work was going to be closed based on the forecast here in NYC (I work on Long Island). I took it fairly easy at my local place during the game, but then put down a bunch of wine after the game ended. Now I am happily hungover and reading all of the posts from last night. Good stuff!

More than a foot over here; 90 minutes barely made a dent in it. Am supposed to drive to Cuse tomorrow. Yikes.

More than a foot over here; 90 minutes barely made a dent in it. Am supposed to drive to Cuse tomorrow. Yikes.
Also driving to Cuse tomorrow. I will probably take the thruway the entire way, since it is the road most likely to be cleared.

Still shut down in Atlanta too. Snow moved out about an hour ago but the roads are completely shot. I guess(?) we'll finally get back to normal tomorrow?

I live NW of DC and there is near 16 in, we have to dig little tunnels around the streets to get from place to place. Forecast says another 6 inches by tomorrow...

Everything is iced over here in Pinehurst. We have about 6 inches of snow on the ground which is covered with about 1/4 inch of ice. Guess I will watch the Duke game again and then maybe the Texas bowl. At that point Mrs Crusty will probably kill me. Oh well.

Crusty said:
Everything is iced over here in Pinehurst. We have about 6 inches of snow on the ground which is covered with about 1/4 inch of ice. Guess I will watch the Duke game again and then maybe the Texas bowl. At that point Mrs Crusty will probably kill me. Oh well.

Mrs Crusty loves you too much to do that. I know that for a fact. Why else would she drive hundreds of miles with you for football games? Give her a hug for me.

Mrs Crusty loves you too much to do that. I know that for a fact. Why else would she drive hundreds of miles with you for football games? Give her a hug for me.
Well, I am still alive after the Pitt rebroadcast and halfway thru the Texas Bowl. She has taken out the cruise brochures so I think this is going to be costly!

I rode the New Jersey back country at lunch (and boy are my arms tired :) ), which consisted of traversing through the back of my neighborhood onto part of a reservation and a little tree run. What's up neighbors? You can barely make it out, but my tracks are in the middle of the pic.
ridenj.JPG

You're back in Utica! Well not really. :)

Snowed in... or more aptly... iced in, in Greensboro. Was never stuck anywhere my whole life in NY. Its not that the weather is worse, or even as bad, there's just no preperations for it here.

For some reason, they didn't deliver the Washington Post this morning. At least I couldn't find it.

There's supposed to be a street between those mailboxes.

upload_2014-2-13_19-28-4.jpeg

Snowed in... or more aptly... iced in, in Greensboro. Was never stuck anywhere my whole life in NY. Its not that the weather is worse, or even as bad, there's just no preperations for it here.

Let's see. In 1964 they had to literally air drop some medical supplies into Watertown and then there was the blizzard of "66 when noting moved and we had the biggest drifts I have ever seen - up to the second story. Was it 1979 when everyone was stuck at the NYC airports for a few days? As Dustin Hoffman said in "Wag the Dog" - "This is noth-ing!, noth-ing!"

Plead insanity.

This might be a dumb statement but what the hell here goes ...

Cities that dont have the "equipment" to clean highways. How about buying a couple of plows to at least clear highways. Does that make sense?

It was 45 degrees here today, everything is melting all to hell. We'll send y'all some. Keep calm and have a beer, it's coming. :cool:

This might be a dumb statement but what the hell here goes ...

Cities that dont have the "equipment" to clean highways. How about buying a couple of plows to at least clear highways. Does that make sense?

Hard to justify it. We haven't had any snow in DC in three years. Then we get inundated this year.

It'll melt in a few days.l

It is 9 pm, and my plow guy still has not shown up. I have two-foot drifts of heavy wet snow in my long hilly driveway... with a literal mountain at the end of it... where the town plowed all the snow off the road. Fortunately, there was no place I had to go today, but there are some places I must go tomorrow... and the guys doing my bathroom renovation have to get here to continue what seems like their never-ending project. It feels like prison -- a very messy prison with the new plumbing fixtures and bathroom cabinets strewn about in pieces all over my living room.

I love a good snow storm and I mean a giant snow storm where there is no school, work, travel and the only thing you can do is walk outside and look at the marvel of it all. I guess it's because I'm a Syracuse snow bird but in the grand scheme I'll take the massive amounts of snow any day as opposed to hurricanes, tornadoes, droughts, sink holes, months of rain, fires, dust bowls, scorpions, palmetto bugs, fire ants, and cockroaches. Thank you very much.

About a foot down here near the city. Switched over to rain for the last 3 hours or so, now it's straight THUNDERSNOW.

Take her to Ironwood when you get thawed out.

I guess I should feel grateful that it was in the 60s here today. I mean it's not quite Igor's South Florida weather, but it'll do. I wouldn't have even known about the weather if not for this board, but I am indeed happy with the weather possibly giving us an advantage vs Duke so I am all for some more of it.