So did Boeheim's treatment of Triche today reveal the hypocrisy of his benching policy? | Syracusefan.com

So did Boeheim's treatment of Triche today reveal the hypocrisy of his benching policy?

Czar

All Conference
His short leash with young players is bullshit. Rather than playing guys based on the merit of their play, playing Triche all 20 minutes in the second reeks of nepotism. I mean, seriously, what a joke.

I can't believe JB left Dion on the bench! Oh way...

I think it has more to do with his being a senior. Hypocrisy? I think it proves just the opposite - his consistency regarding loyalty. Can you or anyone remember a starter that he benched his senior year? He has always promoted and highlighted his seniors giving them the chance to shine.

His short leash with young players is bullshit. Rather than playing guys based on the merit of their play, playing Triche all 20 minutes in the second reeks of nepotism. I mean, seriously, what a joke.

Another coaching expert heard from.

When JB leaves, the line queueing up to replace him will twist around the campus.

Thank goodness we have so many qualified, expert potential candidates.

I think it has more to do with his being a senior. Hypocrisy? I think it proves just the opposite - his consistency regarding loyalty. Can you or anyone remember a starter that he benched his senior year? He has always promoted and highlighted his seniors giving them the chance to shine.

Yes ... last year. JB showed no such loyalty to Scoop last year. Scoop was the better player and the senior and had as many minutes. Where was Scoop's 20 minute half last year? Last game of the season made me sick while he sat on the bench for the closing minutes of the game and his career.

Anyone who doesn't see that BT has gotten special treatment his career here has blinders on and fingers in their ears.

Triche plays because we no one else. Coach knows this. The fact that triche has take more shots than anyone on the team is due to lack of institutional control

Yes ... last year. JB showed no such loyalty to Scoop last year. Scoop was the better player and the senior and had as many minutes. Where was Scoop's 20 minute half last year? Last game of the season made me sick while he sat on the bench for the closing minutes of the game and his career.

Anyone who doesn't see that BT has gotten special treatment his career here has blinders on and fingers in their ears.
Wow! Your comment says nothing about JB. What you're doing is comparing Dion and Cooney. Nice job!

Triche plays because we no one else. Coach knows this. The fact that triche has take more shots than anyone on the team is due to lack of institutional control
No. The reason Triche takes so many shots is because there are so few options inside.

Dion was behind Scoop. Cooney is behind Triche.

I mean, for Coach not to bench Triche is favor of an erratic first-year player or convert a swingman to the two is just such a nepotism play.

Putting in Trevor cooney for 2 minutes at the 12 minute mark is different from putting him in with 3 minutes left in a tie game. People, for some reason, can't seem to understand this.

Dion was behind Scoop. Cooney is behind Triche.

Wrong. It was a 3 guard rotation. He was behind both. If you want to get technical Dion was a 2 guard which meant he was behind BT.

The point I was trying to make there was that JB doesn't necessarily show favoritism to his seniors.

I mean, for Coach not to bench Triche is favor of an erratic first-year player or convert a swingman to the two is just such a nepotism play.
He doesn't need to play every minute of the second half

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ok with BT missing he atleast hits the backboard giving us a chance with Cooney we end up with airballs. Not a very good choice

You do realize that of the 3 guards in 2011-2012 that BT played less than either Dion or Scoop and that Scoop averaged the most minutes. JB actually did a masterful job balancing his veterans time with the talented Dion. I guess I don't understand your post at all. Scoop played 33 minutes vs Ohio St sitting the last 4 minutes, BT played 28 and Dion played 20 minutes. Scoop averaged a little over 25 minutes a game for the season and in the NCAA's (the end of his career) he played 33, 34 ,35 and 33 minutes in those last 4 games.

Last year we had the benefit of 2 experienced guards and a young talent who was picked 4th in the NBA lottery. Quite a different scenario from last year to this year and this isn't meant as a diss to any player.

Ummm ... No I didn't compare Dion to Cooney, please learn to read the thread before you post.
Learn to think before you post. If you can't see the ramifications of what you say then you should at least think about it when someone points them out to you.

Only commenting on Scoop's last game in the Dome last year...your aforementioned point made me recall how bad I felt as well for Scoop at that particular moment, especially with us having locked up the BET one seed. I also recall here how many felt that Scoop got slighted by JB. Scoop, of course, having already tranformed into a great young man and ambassador of the program, brushed it off, took the high road and put the team number one, especially with the all important post season dead ahead.

You do realize that of the 3 guards in 2011-2012 that BT played less than either Dion or Scoop and that Scoop averaged the most minutes. JB actually did a masterful job balancing his veterans time with the talented Dion. I guess I don't understand your post at all. Scoop played 33 minutes vs Ohio St sitting the last 4 minutes, BT played 28 and Dion played 20 minutes. Scoop averaged a little over 25 minutes a game for the season and in the NCAA's (the end of his career) he played 33, 34 ,35 and 33 minutes in those last 4 games.

Last year we had the benefit of 2 experienced guards and a young talent who was picked 4th in the NBA lottery. Quite a different scenario from last year to this year and this isn't meant as a diss to any player.

Good post Cherie ... I was off in thinking Scoop and BT had about the same minutes last year. Maybe they did until the tourney.

The post was just a response to Beadle who asked if anyone remembers JB ever benching a senior starter before. I didn't have to think back long. This was just a response to that question.

As for this topic ... I'm done with it ... it's just to argumentative natured. You either know or you don't.

As others have stated, no one is asking for BT to lose his starting job or to even split minutes with Cooney. He just isn't deserving of 38-40 minutes per game right now. Other rotations can be tried while BT still gets 32-36 minutes a game.