So do today’s staff changes have any impact on existing targets or new targets? | Syracusefan.com

So do today’s staff changes have any impact on existing targets or new targets?

Cusefan69

All American
Is there also the potential of some additional player attrition as the new DC and OC look at the team?

I would have to think that with late signing day still to come that we'll see new names pop up that they have relationships with from their prior spots.

I’d have to guess Gilbert will go turn over every stone looking for a QB. Uncommitted or unsigned. Maybe Hornsby? McClemore? Transfer?
He may have the contacts to get involved with Hornsby

Edit

Looks like Georgia may be looking at him

Last edited:
He may have the contacts to get involved with Hornsby

that’s what I was thinking, Texas guy and all. Pickings are slim though. We may have to wait til next year.

I can see Arnett being a good recruiter. He’s young, full of energy. I think they’ll get him out with the guys and hit the road hard. Interductions, get him into the schools of his immediate territory and start making contacts. With his 335 knowledge I can see him hitting it off with the HS coaches who want to talk shop about it.

I’d have to guess Gilbert will go turn over every stone looking for a QB. Uncommitted or unsigned. Maybe Hornsby? McClemore? Transfer?
This, I think he will look everywhere to pull in a QB (probably is a name not on our radar) though man Hornsby would just be a home run.

Like everyone else, looks like a great hire. The kicker is his QB history, I think this moves our QB recruiting up 2 or 3 notches, maybe not for 2020 but I now expect good things in 2021.

Is there also the potential of some additional player attrition as the new DC and OC look at the team?

There's always potential for attrition but it is late in the 2020 cycle. Only 8 spots left to fill out the class. Are new coaches even on campus yet? More likely for recruiting impacts for 2021. Probably a Junior Day scheduled for this next contact period.

Since most of the high schoolers have signed already, I wonder if the staff is going to lean harder into the JUCO route to finish up this class.

Since most of the high schoolers have signed already, I wonder if the staff is going to lean harder into the JUCO route to finish up this class.

One nice thing about the 3-3-5 is that the DT depth isn't as much of an issue.

I'm sure there are still kids that they have been recruiting that fit the offense, that won't change with a new OC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom