SO FREAKING PUMPED!!! | Syracusefan.com

SO FREAKING PUMPED!!!

RF2044

Living Legend
SU football is less than one month away [games]!

This is the season we get back into the top 25--I believe!!!

So pleased with what HC Scott Shafer and the staff are doing off the field this off-season--time to prove it on the field! There is no doubt in my mind that he's going to have us back in top 25 contention annually very, very soon. Love the direction of our program--hard to believe that we're only five seasons removed from being the worst BCS conference program in all of college football.

Let's Go Orange!!!

image.jpg

I was at SU when Maloney was coaching. Not a great period of Syracuse football (we had some very good players, just not enough of them).

To see what coach Mac did was heaven for this SU fan. Coach P had a good run...then the bottom fell out. I watched all through that painful period. Had high hopes for Coach Marrone...he delivered, but left in a way that bothered me.

I'm happy so far with Shafer. Hard to say this because I'm a big SU basketball fan...but I think I'm more optimistic about this years football team than I am about the BB team. Haven't felt that way in a loooong time.

I'm always on the pessimistic side when it comes to SU sports..always hope for the best, but expect the worst. This football team could surprise a lot of people. We'll see.

My body is ready

You mean your liver, right? I have followed a rigorous training regime during the off season to get mine in shape for the challenges of tailgates, Dome Foams, and many, many post-game victory celebrations.

You mean your liver, right? I have followed a rigorous training regime during the off season to get mine in shape for the challenges of tailgates, Dome Foams, and many, many post-game victory celebrations.
practice...practice...practice!

Very excited! I had a good conversation with some people in the pool/hangout area of my apartment this weekend. First was a big Minnesota football fan - he bragged a bit about their history of championships but our win over them in the Texas bowl is still fresh in his mind. They're optimistic about their season but he really felt Syracuse is on the up and up. I also talked to an Ole Miss fan who was your usual rah-rah SEC SEC person but recalled our beatdown of West Virginia and our win against Minnesota last year. He also mentioned Nassib and had a similar feeling that we're on our way back. This was pretty refreshing as most people my age (early/mid 20s) usually wrongly refer to us as a doormat. Another bowl win this year would be huge - I'd love to beat another Big 10 team or an SEC team.

Very excited! I had a good conversation with some people in the pool/hangout area of my apartment this weekend. First was a big Minnesota football fan - he bragged a bit about their history of championships but our win over them in the Texas bowl is still fresh in his mind. They're optimistic about their season but he really felt Syracuse is on the up and up. I also talked to an Ole Miss fan who was your usual rah-rah SEC SEC person but recalled our beatdown of West Virginia and our win against Minnesota last year. He also mentioned Nassib and had a similar feeling that we're on our way back. This was pretty refreshing as most people my age (early/mid 20s) usually wrongly refer to us as a doormat. Another bowl win this year would be huge - I'd love to beat another Big 10 team or an SEC team.
I live in SEC country now, just outside Atlanta, and it is RIDICULOUS how arrogant they are about SEC football. They actually called the ACC Media Day, the red headed stepchild to the SEC's... I'm sorry, who is the defending National Champion? I'll be rooting hard for Clemson to lay the smack down on UGA in a few weeks.

Liver, nose, kidney, mind and soul

I live in SEC country now, just outside Atlanta, and it is RIDICULOUS how arrogant they are about SEC football. They actually called the ACC Media Day, the red headed stepchild to the SEC's... I'm sorry, who is the defending National Champion? I'll be rooting hard for Clemson to lay the smack down on UGA in a few weeks.
I'll be doing the same. I was talking to some Ole Miss fans and said we're in similar situations with them dealing with Auburn, Alabama, LSU in the West while we have to overcome Clemson, FSU, Louisville in the Atlantic. Of course they thought that was ridiculous and laughed it off. I understand that the SEC West is deeper but anything non-SEC is always immediately written off by the fans of the conference. The SEC hype bothers me but I'll still root for them against the B1g every time.

SU football is less than one month away [games]!

This is the season we get back into the top 25--I believe!!!

So pleased with what HC Scott Shafer and the staff are doing off the field this off-season--time to prove it on the field! There is no doubt in my mind that he's going to have us back in top 25 contention annually very, very soon. Love the direction of our program--hard to believe that we're only five seasons removed from being the worst BCS conference program in all of college football.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Getting more excited daily. This team has the potential to break into the Top 25. The staff has the team on the right trajectory to be perennial Top 25.

I'll be doing the same. I was talking to some Ole Miss fans and said we're in similar situations with them dealing with Auburn, Alabama, LSU in the West while we have to overcome Clemson, FSU, Louisville in the Atlantic. Of course they thought that was ridiculous and laughed it off. I understand that the SEC West is deeper but anything non-SEC is always immediately written off by the fans of the conference. The SEC hype bothers me but I'll still root for them against the B1g every time.
Agreed. I want the SEC to stay on top until the ACC rises up and knocks them off their pedestal. Last year was a good start.

They actually called the ACC Media Day, the red headed stepchild to the SEC's...
Hmm. The need to compare media days of all things suggests a certain false bravado that is meant to hide other, shall we say, inadequacies they may have in their personal lives.

I grew up in B1G country. I'll root for Michigan over Bama or the Cocks anyday. Same with the Spartans, Badgers, and Buckeyes. I hate the freaking SEC. I know it won't be a popular opinion but B1G is my 2nd favorite conference which is why I really want Rutgers to fail and become the new Indiana. The B12/Little10 does nothing for me as I could really care less about the states of Oklahoma or Texas, and the Pac-12 feels like a different continent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom