So, from a risk reward perspective | Syracusefan.com

So, from a risk reward perspective

GoSU96

Living Legend
unless Hughes gets info that he is a lock top 30 pick is the likely hood that he might come back increase given the uncertainty added to playing overseas?

I get that he is older, and potential, and all that, but he seems to like being here, and I'm still going to hold that the rest of the team will be much better.

FWIW:

I think if there is little risk that he doesn't get selected in a good spot, he should go. If that's the information he is getting, makes all the sense in the world.

But if he's in that marginal range and his fall back was g league or overseas, maybe coming back becomes more attractive

I think if there is little risk that he doesn't get selected in a good spot, he should go. If that's the information he is getting, makes all the sense in the world.

But if he's in that marginal range and his fall back was g league or overseas, maybe coming back becomes more attractive
Why wouldn't he want to see if his worst case is a 2 way as opposed to overseas.

I think he was really wanting to shine in front of scouts at the ACC tourny. He showed out against UNC, and in my mind was just getting started. Could have blown up, but might have shown enough for a franchise to take a flyer.

Would be shocked if every guard is back but I wonder he considers Jalen and HoWash “contributiors”. Would be fantastic if Marek canr back

So:

Marek
Quincy
Joe
Buddy
Bourama
Jesse
Brycen
Howard

All back.

Would be shocked if every guard is back but I wonder he considers Jalen and HoWash “contributiors”. Would be fantastic if Marek canr back
I'd guess he doesn't consider them contributors if he's saying the freshmen could contribute right away.

If Seniors are allowed one more year and every school gets a one year roster waiver, nobody would have to leave and we could still bring in a few grad transfers.

we all have to expect Hughes to be gonzo.
Carey??? Biggest question mark.
howard? I think he likes cuse. I think he stays.
Everyone else back.
Sidibe’s emergence is the most important story. If he can give us 12 and 8 next year I expect a 20-23 win season. Especially if Edwards keeps progressing. It’s all about the bigs. They will determine our fate.

If Seniors are allowed one more year and every school gets a one year roster waiver, nobody would have to leave and we could still bring in a few grad transfers.
Why would there be grad transfers if everbody gets 1 more year to play. You transfer to get that year. Possible exception is to upgrade the competition but then how much would a mid level D1 player play on a higher level team.

I don't think the NCAA gives sr's an extra year. At least non spring league sports.

unless Hughes gets info that he is a lock top 30 pick is the likely hood that he might come back increase given the uncertainty added to playing overseas?

I get that he is older, and potential, and all that, but he seems to like being here, and I'm still going to hold that the rest of the team will be much better.
i'm not sure i see the reward part of the equation
it's trading one risk for another

It’s all about the bigs. They will determine our fate.
i think the Swiss cheese up top is a bigger problem. JB loves his cheese!

My guess is that it only applies to spring sports. Winter sports got their full year.

When you refer to uncertainty playing overseas, are you wondering if leagues will remain shut down? If that's the case, how likely is it that college basketball gets played next year?

FWIW:

Don't know if these conversations were pre-corona or post-corona.
So wrong, completely whiffed on Goodine, HoWash, Athletic gets things wrong like this alot, I think they are inexperienced beat reporters without good sources

Hughes would be foolish to stay. His stock will never be higher, and he isn’t getting any younger. Plus, he will have his degree. To sacrifice a years salary, to maybe, maybe jump into the 1st round, is a huge risk. When he has the ability to do well at the combine, and be a 1st rounder this year. It’s more likely that his stock drops, or he gets injured, than him improving his draft spot. Hard to improve upon leading the ACC in scoring. The only reason to come back is wanting to make a run in the NCAAT. He gone. I’ll always appreciate his time here, and leaving us with a blowout win over UNC.

So wrong, completely whiffed on Goodine, HoWash, Athletic gets things wrong like this alot, I think they are inexperienced beat reporters without good sources
Would anyone not a SU fan define them as contributors?