So how do you pronounce Clemson?? | Syracusefan.com

So how do you pronounce Clemson??

I tend to say Clem-sin. I don't know if that's right or wrong...

4-1

Hey! I love the fact that you guys plan to win the game. What kind of team or fans would you be if you expected to lose?

I FULLY expect our Tigers to come in ready to play, ready for the heat and humidity, ready for the raucous crowd and to win the game. What kind of fan would I be if I didn't expect that?

This is what makes it all fun.

Didn't Spurrier just get really drunk during his coaches show this past week? I saw it over at Tiger.net. The video was pretty funny.

clem.jpg

Clem's Son--Son of Clem Kaddidlehopper. (How many of you old farts recognize this guy?)

I think it pronounced "up state South Carolina wannabe gamecocks"

its really a name derived from 2 greek words- clem(to be a hillbilly) and son(those you have sex with)

Wow. You all are starting to make me change my attitude towards Cuse fans.

Please forgive him--he had a memory lapse--thought we were playing West Virginia again.
WV chaw.jpg

its really a name derived from 2 greek words- clem(to be a hillbilly) and son(those you have s e x with)

It's funny how the sound of that name gets people so excited in such a disturbing way. Here's what the name Clemson means to us hillbillies:

Thomas Green Clemson (b. 1807, d 1888)
Born in Philadelphia, PA
Education:
Norwich University
The Sorbonne
Royal School of Mines (Paris)
Career
Mining Engineer
Ambassador to Belgium
Agriculturalist
Founder of a College

Thomas G. Clemson understood the value of agricultural education and felt that most legislative bodies did not place proper emphasis on said studies. That was his motivation for leaving the bulk of his estate for the establishment of The Clemson Agricultural College of South Carolina.

Yeah, I get defensive about this subject. We're pretty proud of who we are and where we came from. Hopefully some of you will get to visit us next year and see first hand what we love about our university and the surrounding area.

I am 100% dead serious in asking. And yes I will be @ Death valley next year for our return visit.

I am 100% dead serious in asking. And yes I will be @ Death valley next year for our return visit.

I understand that your question was serious. The answer is that it would be spelled phonetically exactly the same as the actual spelling with a hyphen - Clem-son - with pretty much equal emphasis on both syllables.

Also, I'll check in before next year's game. If you think you would like to get to know some long time Clemson fans, you are welcome to come by our tailgate. You have to enjoy free beer and good food though. Hope we see you there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom