So I DVR'D The game and KNEW the outcome | Syracusefan.com

So I DVR'D The game and KNEW the outcome

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
And yet I was spent when the game was over. My heart was racing. I thought somehow I may have misread the score on espn.com. I thought all sorts of things that no rational person would think.

Perhaps my knowing the score before watching the game somehow altered the actual game and the space time cotinuum was disrupted?

Or maybe it was some Hoya Demon that possessed my iphone at the very minute I looked up the score on my drive home from work?

I barely survived watching this freaking game. I dont know how any of you that watched it real time did.

This is why we are called fanatics.

I don't know how I survived either. I honestly thought for about 5 seconds that I was going to die at MSG. I was trembling in the end of regulation and OT, my heart was racing, my knees were weak and when C.J. threw down on Porter I went so ballistic I almost fainted. For a split second I thought I was going to pass out, then I bent over and got some blood to my head!

I've been to a lot of great sporting events, but nothing like that.

I was shaking. I was supposed to pick up my friend after the game, but I had to wait 15 minutes to settle down as well as needing to dry off the ocean of sweat off my hands and feet first.

And yet I was spent when the game was over. My heart was racing. I thought somehow I may have misread the score on espn.com. I thought all sorts of things that no rational person would think.

Perhaps my knowing the score before watching the game somehow altered the actual game and the space time cotinuum was disrupted?

Or maybe it was some Hoya Demon that possessed my iphone at the very minute I looked up the score on my drive home from work?

I barely survived watching this freaking game. I dont know how any of you that watched it real time did.

It helps a little...and I mean a very little...being an experienced fan.
You know that no matter how big our lead is...the game is going to come
down to the wire.

How great was the Orange defense on GT's last real possession?
(The one before the half court heave).

It helps a little...and I mean a very little...being an experienced fan.
You know that no matter how big our lead is...the game is going to come
down to the wire.

How great was the Orange defense on GT's last real possession?
(The one before the half court heave).
you are so right about that. I told a friend at half time, this game is going to the final horn.

Abbreviated version of Real Time watching went like this.

Me: 6 minutes and 31 seconds into the game---Sh!kiey - I forgot to set the DVR --
Wife: Calm down , you don't need to watch it 10 times anyway!
Me: Cooney is having the game of his life (85 Decibels)
Wife: Calm down , you'll have a heart attack --- Who's Cooney?
Me: Rak What
Wife: Watch your language.
Halftime:
Me: Call a d*mn charge on those assh*les - you can't just plow over us like that. (101 decibels)
Wife: I won't watch the game with you if you can't control yourself!!!!! (75 decibels)
Me: Triche may have returned (calmly) I love it.
Wife: Now that's better, your calm.
Me: What?
Wife: Why don't they have that Keita guy shoot more free throws?
Me: Rigid, frozen & can't speak --- can't put any type of jinx on what I'm watching.
Wife: What they heck are they doing? (very strong language for her) (98 decibels)
Me: Quietly seething and ready to explode.
End of regulation.
Wife: Overtime? I can't take this - we gotta win
Me: (who is this new tense fanatic I'm with here? (41 years married and counting) This could be a great thing. Wonder what the neighbors might think though?)
SU wins: Wife: & Me - Thats how you put those jerks out of the league -(and a few more choice words from me and a big fat grin from Barb) (all at 150 decibels)
WHAT A GAME!
Wife: Can we watch the overtime part again? (OK so this part isn't true. She want to the bedroom to watch some reality thing. I may have watched the game again) (The whole thing - at least what I DVR'd.

I had to watch it on partial tape delay so I was constantly 20-40 minutes behind, ff'ing thru commercials, and things were going well till near the end so i was scared to check out the live score online. Now I have to watch the rest of the games this way, don't I?

I found watching recorded games works well when I can't give the game full attention. lLike during work hours or if I'm at bowling. However being a SciFi fan I get these funny feelings that I've switch universes. That the NC didn't happen and the game will end in a lose. Or the 6OT game the same. Wednesday I set the DVD recorder and forgot to check the time and it had not switched from EST to EDT and I missed the 1st half. Then Thursday I set it to stop at 4:45 and the game ended like 4:44. I kept thinking I missed the ending. Even though I knew the final score again I had the strange feeling I had heard wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom