so if we can get one from GT and beat clemson | Syracusefan.com

so if we can get one from GT and beat clemson

We need to win at Louisville, among a few other spots.

11-7 gets us in I think. If we go 1-1 vs. GaTech and beat Clemson - that gives us 8 wins. We'd still have to pick up 3 wins, but it's hard not to like us at home...

11-7 gets us in I think. If we go 1-1 vs. GaTech and beat Clemson - that gives us 8 wins. We'd still have to pick up 3 wins, but it's hard not to like us at home...
We beat G tech twice and Clemson and throw in at pitt as well. That gives us 10 wins and gams against the Ville (2) Virginia and Duke.

I don't see us winning either game from the Ville.
We need ten we were 9-9 last year and the ACC IS ALL AROUNDBETTER AND MORE COMPETETIVE oops hit the cap

I don't see us winning either game from the Ville.

They're talented but not a particularly great shooting team, a bit inconsistent in that respect. Pitino knows how to play us, that's for sure. I think we have a chance at home, not at the Yum.

We don't need to win at Louisville. Sure it would be nice, but there are other ways to 11 ..

I feel a lot better about getting to 11 after tonight, still think its going to be a tall order, 10 wins in this conference is a nice accomplishment.

We don't need to win at Louisville. Sure it would be nice, but there are other ways to 11 ..

It would be a mega road win, pretty important to the overall resume.

We need ten we were 9-9 last year and the ACC IS ALL AROUNDBETTER AND MORE COMPETETIVE oops hit the cap

We have a few more bad losses, and no quality OOC wins like last year. You are indeed correct that the ACC is much better, but I don't know if 1 extra win closes that gap.

I don't think 10 would do it, but I won't totally say no either if we pull out a win in the ACC tourney. I still think 11 is the sweet spot, although won't guarantee it until more time passes.

But it's good to see some people have their expectations down as to what is needed to get in. I was on an island a few weeks back in threads, when I said 11-7 would give us a reasonable shot.

The problem is, all of those teams are playing competitively despite their conference records. GT is no joke, Clemson is playing tough, etc.

Not saying that we CAN'T beat those teams, just that no game is a gimme, and nothing will be easy. Sink or swim for us.

It would be a mega road win, pretty important to the overall resume.

Absolutely it would be huge. I just don't know if it's possible and there are other ways to get there (although all hard as well). To get 11 wins we will have to pretty much get 5 more quality wins ... except possibly the home game against GTech. But otherwise we are probably looking at 2 more wins against top 100 road teams, and 2 home wins against top 25 schools.

But it's good to see some people have their expectations down as to what is needed to get in. I was on an island a few weeks back in threads, when I said 11-7 would give us a reasonable shot.
(I was with you in spirt, amigo ;))

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom