So is Southerland our 3rd guard this year? | Syracusefan.com

So is Southerland our 3rd guard this year?

Orangemen

All Conference
Or was the first half yesterday just a teachable moment for Cooney?

Once he forced that 2nd 3 point shot, he found himself on the bench fairly soon after, and didn't come back till the 2nd half. JS got a lot of run at the 2G from that point on as well.

Is Cooney on a short leash this year?

If his shot is off will JB pull him, similar to how JS has been handled in the past?

The amount of time JS got at the 2G spot is probably the biggest surprise I saw in the 2 exhibitions.

I'm not totally on board with it yet, but he performed much better yesterday than he did against Pace.

Or was the first half yesterday just a teachable moment for Cooney?

Once he forced that 2nd 3 point shot, he found himself on the bench fairly soon after, and didn't come back till the 2nd half. JS got a lot of run at the 2G from that point on as well.

Is Cooney on a short leash this year?

If his shot is off will JB pull him, similar to how JS has been handled in the past?

The amount of time JS got at the 2G spot is probably the biggest surprise I saw in the 2 exhibitions.

I'm not totally on board with it yet, but he performed much better yesterday than he did against Pace.

And so it begins...

I think he is just getting eased back into the line up. He is still recovering from surgery.

Did I do that????? The question will be answered Friday.

Cooney is definitely the third guard.

Fair or South is the fourth, though. Not sure why some thought that we had a walk-on who could get emergency minutes (was it #4 who people were talking about), but that group of walk-on guards looked worse than usual in the first two games. Can't see any of them filling in.

Cooney is definitely the third guard.

Fair or South is the fourth, though. Not sure why some thought that we had a walk-on who could get emergency minutes (was it #4 who people were talking about), but that group of walk-on guards looked worse than usual in the first two games. Can't see any of them filling in.
Cooney will be given first shot at third guard, but I could see the staff having no problems playing James extended minutes at the two if progress, or lack thereof, dictates.

Cooney will be given first shot at third guard, but I could see the staff having no problems playing James extended minutes at the two if progress, or lack thereof, dictates.

Right, but as of today, Cooney's the first reserve guard. Could change down the line.

This team is very dynamic. These questions will be awnsered that way.
What if we want to go big at the four for 25 minutes. That will only give James and CJ 55 minutes to split at the 2 and the 3. Who will shoot the ball better James or Cooney and do we need both shooters on the floor? Can james play defense up top? Can Cooney?

Reguardless, both Cooney and James are going to play and JB is going to take everyone in the 9 man rotation and try to make them into a star and gamechanger for this team. This team is going to have a ton of gamechangers this year.
James will be a leader this year, and hes going to get more minutes. If he has to take some of the guard minutes thets not look at it as hes taking cooneys, or Triche/MCW's so they can be well rested for better hustle on both ends. Instead thets just look at it like hes ready to be a team leader.

Third guard is Cooney; he needs to be brought on slowly, especially after surgery and lack of practice time. Meanwhile, an exhibition game gave JB a chance to audition a fourth guard in case there are foul problems. Smart move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom