So is this the year Cinci is finally legit? | Syracusefan.com

So is this the year Cinci is finally legit?

pearl31

in cahoots
Third in BE behind us and l'vlle?
I haven't watched em yet, but their results have been impressive so far...

Cash Wright is very good.

It depends on what you mean by legit? I'd say they are a top 25 team all season long.

Really this Cinci teal is a lot like the good Nova teams. Lots of very good guards but no beef. Their center, Mbodj is superskinny and freshman BMK fumbly.

They do have a JUCO junior Titus Rubles that no one knew about that looked real good last night and Justin Jackson is back. Kelvin Gaines is 6'10" Soph.

UC will make their living of 1-2-3 play. They will be able to be bullied down low. But if they shoot well, oh yeah...the BET...

It depends on what you mean by legit? I'd say they are a top 25 team all season long.
legit, like consistently good all season long - finishing top 4 BE

legit, like consistently good all season long - finishing top 4 BE

:noidea: That is why we watch. I'll say 5th. I think Pitt bounces back for no particular reason and I truly hate the fact that I can't help but like Otto Porter and thus think G'town is going to be tough.

fwiw, my crystal ball sez:
1) l'vlle
2) SU
3) Pitt
4) Cinci

(switch #s 1 and 2 if it turns out Dieng is out for a significant period)

Cincy hasn't played the level of competition that Pitt and Gtown have. So hard to say. Neither has 'Cuse for that matter.

They are legitimately the best brawlers in the Big East, maybe top 5 ballers.

Cincy hasn't played the level of competition that Pitt and Gtown have. So hard to say. Neither has 'Cuse for that matter.

Maybe not quite but Oregon will be in the top of the PAC12 and UC controlled that game

UC is leading the nation in rebounding at the moment too, which surprised the heck out of me. I was thinking of going to that game here against Alabama on Saturday.

maybe not upper-echelon competition, but it's been solid schedule and they've dominated it.

Top4 in the BE? Possibly. Consistent all year? No.

SU and Lville for sure top 2 after that Gtwon, Cinci, Pitt, Marq . . . . and who knows.

:noidea: That is why we watch. I'll say 5th. I think Pitt bounces back for no particular reason and I truly hate the fact that I can't help but like Otto Porter and thus think G'town is going to be tough.

Khem Birch didn't buy in last year, and Tray got hurt. I saw them once so far, and that new big man has a nasty streak. I think Pitt is back this year. So is Georgetwon. Both are going to compete for top 5 in the Big East. I think ND is taking a step back this year. I know, they have everyone back, but a couple teams were uncharacteristically down last year. I think St. John's makes strides under Lavin this year, too. Big East looked like crap on paper when you saw that pre-season team from media day, but the results in these pre-season tournaments have been pretty good.

1) LVille
2) SU
3) Cincy
4) GTown
5) Pitt
6) UConn
7) ND
8) Marq

YUconn's front line is going to have serious issues in BE play IMO. Once that happens then its Boatwright and Napier trying to do everything and that spells disaster.

Khem Birch didn't buy in last year, and Tray got hurt. I saw them once so far, and that new big man has a nasty streak. I think Pitt is back this year. So is Georgetwon. Both are going to compete for top 5 in the Big East. I think ND is taking a step back this year. I know, they have everyone back, but a couple teams were uncharacteristically down last year. I think St. John's makes strides under Lavin this year, too. Big East looked like crap on paper when you saw that pre-season team from media day, but the results in these pre-season tournaments have been pretty good.

Yeah, I like Woodall and think Pitt is back. I don't really get how, but G'town, against all my predictions, has looked good as well. Cincy is really good, I think. Just absolutely dominating teams thus far.

I was thinking preseason that it would be Louisville/Cuse/Pitt and then a decent gap. But I think it's more L'ville/Cuse/Pitt/Cincy/G'town with some potential surprise teams in there as well -- I'd be interested to see a healthy Council and Dunn added to that PC team.

that new big man has a nasty streak. I think Pitt is back this year.
I've only watched part of a half one of their games, but the consensus on the Pitt board is that Adams has been a bust so far and is a real project...

I think UC is definitely legit. Frontcourt is their weakness but they have lots of bodies down there. Once Justin Jackson realizes his role is to hit the boards and play defense instead of trying to replace Yancey Gates they will be even better. Mobj is not skinny at all. They have a juco C named Nyarsuk that looks simialr but is very skinny. They also have freshman Kelvin gaines who will develop and see soem minor time this year. The guards are where UC is deep though. Titus Rubles is very very good and the only thing keepign him off the court is Jaquon Parker who is the classic program guy who stayed around and is finally getting his due. Cash Wright and Kilpatrick are a talented backcourt who can each get hot. Also have 2 backup soph PG's in Jeremiah Davis and Guyn who can at least give Wright a blow. I've been to 2 games so far and despite the competition they look good. Rubles is particulalry impressive looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom