So now the question should be | Syracusefan.com

So now the question should be

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
What did acting HC Tom Bradley know? He's been there forever and there is no doubt he knew what everyone else did. He should not have been named acting coach nor should anyone on the current staff. The program should have been shut down for the year. Yes, that is how bad this is.

I don't think you can punish the kids. Let them finish the year and then give the program the death penalty. Allow the school two years to totally clean house and then move forward.

It is bad, but the kids on the team had nothing to do with this. They have the right to finish the season, IMO.

Somebody has to coach them for the remaining games. I'm sure a new coach, with no previous ties to the university, will be brought in.

And thats the real problem. they had to get rid of Paterno and the Pres but that's just the beginning. Everyone is gone after this season.

My real question is, is McQuary still a coach?

McQuary's father is going to be a big piece in this puzzle.

no. they got to play through the year. id say they should likely say no to a bowl, but boy will that open a can of worms regarding the Seniors.

clearly, the program will need to be blown up and a NEW COMPLETE STAFF, WITH NO PENN STATE TIES will need to come in.

If you "shut the program down for the year", how much in damages would Penn State owe to Ohio State and Wisconsin? $10MM? On top of all the other already existing liability? It would be a fiscally irresponsible decision to cancel the rest of the season, and does nothing to restore the Penn State "brand".

There's time to clean house at the end of the season, which needs to be at the end of the REGULAR season. No bowl. But they gotta meet their remaining obligations

But they gotta meet their remaining obligations

They didn't meet their obligation to some kids. OSU and Wisky can get in line with the families that will get paid.

I don't think you can punish the kids. Let them finish the year and then give the program the death penalty. Allow the school two years to totally clean house and then move forward.
Hire schiano. He will bring his own shadiness to happy valley.

They didn't meet their obligation to some kids. OSU and Wisky can get in line with the families that will get paid.

So you can fix the fact that they didn't meet their obligations in the past by choosing to not meet future obligations? That makes no sense. When you're already in a hole, the first thing you do is stop digging.

They need to get themselves out of the news cycle. Cancelling games keeps them as a lead story in the news cycle. Cancelling games not only doesn't help repair the brand, it continues to damage it.

I think the players themselves may need to make a statement and just not walk out the tunnel.

If I was in their shoes I couldn't even walk into that locker room and see the shower where such bad things happened.

I agree that they shouldn't be punished but this is more than football.

So you can fix the fact that they didn't meet their obligations in the past by choosing to not meet future obligations? That makes no sense. When you're already in a hole, the first thing you do is stop digging.

They need to get themselves out of the news cycle. Cancelling games keeps them as a lead story in the news cycle. Cancelling games not only doesn't help repair the brand, it continues to damage it.

Bring in a few coaches who are sitting around doing nothing. So I ask, did Bradley ever punch Sandusky when he was on campus with little boys?

Why hasn't McQuary been fired? Seems like a bigger deal to me.

He won't make the weekend either. The BOT went after the big fish and the interim AD will take care of McQueary by the weekend or he will step down on his own. I can't see Redhead on the sideline Saturday.

He won't make the weekend either. The BOT went after the big fish and the interim AD will take care of McQueary by the weekend or he will step down on his own. I can't see Redhead on the sideline Saturday.

Yea, he won't be there Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom