So, Pitt's really bad at basketball | Syracusefan.com

So, Pitt's really bad at basketball

When we get our program rolling again next year, it's going to be great to beat those guys over and over again after years of frustration.

The alumni and boosters of Pitt deserve this for forcing Dixon out. Their current batch of players are not ACC caliber recruits.
They are mainly freshman who are the equivalent of most of the freshman in the ACC.

This teams inability to score is frustrating but when you go 3-0 vs GTown, Yukon and Pitt it’s hard for me not to enjoy the ride.
ACC debacles notwithstanding...it's already a great season.
Although Pitt isn't really Pitt without the likes of Chevy Troutman, DeJuan Blair or Jerome Lane.

Worst conference roster that Syracuse has played a conference game against since Seton Hall early 80's. And even those teams had Dan Callendrillo.

If I were Stallings, I'm installing a remote car starter and hiring a food taster. There have to be people in Pittsburgh that want him dead after he killed their hoops program in 15 months.

Based on KenPom there really isn't that many really terrible P5+BE programs (above #200) this year. Just Cal and Pitt. Beyond that there are no other schools even above #150.

#215 - California
#207 - Pitt
#147 - Washington St
#119 - Rutgers

As a special note: UConn is #157.

Worst conference roster that Syracuse has played a conference game against since Seton Hall early 80's. And even those teams had Dan Callendrillo.

If I were Stallings, I'm installing a remote car starter and hiring a food taster. There have to be people in Pittsburgh that want him dead after he killed their hoops program in 15 months.

I decided to look at KenPom and see other teams since 2002 that have been in the same conference and above 200. The group is small, and doesn't disprove your viewpoint.

In 17 years of KP Data, there have only been 4 conference mates that had KP ratings over #200. Some pretty crappy teams here.

2007 - Rutgers #208
2009 - Depaul #206
2016 - Boston College #225
2018 - Pitt #207