So SU Drops Parsons | Syracusefan.com

So SU Drops Parsons

"In other Woodbridge recruiting news, Florida and Tennessee have been at the school in the past two weeks to visit with 6-foot-5, 245-pound sophomore defensive lineman Da’Shawn Hand."

We need to be looking at this kid.

It always hard to tell what the deal is when reading stuff like this. If he isn't going to make it academically and there other recruits that will, I understand. You just hope in these scenarios that we aren't burning any bridges.

To me, an "unofficial offer" implies it was contingent on qualifying academically. It may have been used as an incentive to applying himself in the classroom.
So one has to conclude his qualifying didn't have to do with NCAA standards, and that schools like Michigan State, Clemson, BC, NC State, and West Virginia have lower admission standards than SU?

One more time, he was never offered.

Like you say Go, I never thought it was an official offer, either. Every site had him committed here, which was the confusing part to most, but that's the way the kid reported it. Makes you sort wonder what the academic state of Neil is if Parson was never officially in play. Still scratching my head on the Neil deal, but I'm sure there's another story aside from the fact we were done recruiting at LB. The Parson article also stated SU over-extended offers this year, but that's the norm at any school. Did they mean over-extended accepted verbals, which probably included conditionals? Conditionals are just that, conditional based on circumstance, and not firm. Anyway, hope we have a nice DE prospect in the weeds we can slot in here, which IMO, is the bigger need. That said, I really think the staff wants to work Washington at LB initially, but he could eventually transition to DE, his natural HS position, if he does not show progress or blows up physically. Owens, a project with a nice upside, could also transition to DE eventually. Whitehurst is a fine athlete, but needs to add 20-30 lbs. to see the field at the next level as a OLB; no way that happens his first year. Do we have a silent at LB? Interesting possibility.

Like you say Go, I never thought it was an official offer, either. Every site had him committed here, which was the confusing part to most, but that's the way the kid reported it. Makes you sort wonder what the academic state of Neil is if Parson was never officially in play. Still scratching my head on the Neil deal, but I'm sure there's another story aside from the fact we were done recruiting at LB. The Parson article also stated SU over-extended offers this year, but that's the norm at any school. Did they mean over-extended accepted verbals, which probably included conditionals? Conditionals are just that, conditional based on circumstance, and not firm. Anyway, hope we have a nice DE prospect in the weeds we can slot in here, which IMO, is the bigger need. That said, I really think the staff wants to work Washington at LB initially, but he could eventually transition to DE, his natural HS position, if he does not show progress or blows up physically. Owens, a project with a nice upside, could also transition to DE eventually. Whitehurst is a fine athlete, but needs to add 20-30 lbs. to see the field at the next level as a OLB; no way that happens his first year. Do we have a silent at LB? Interesting possibility.

Don't forget Josh Manley phan, he's visiting dec 15th and seems to be a pretty legit DE.