So this week be beat up on Shafer... | Syracusefan.com

So this week be beat up on Shafer...

I don't think we can. The offense wasn't great last week. The defense wasn't great this week. One difference between the two? The final scoreboards.

That said, I'm not ignoring the problems. I personally think Shafer gets a pass because his work on balance has been excellent, IMO (We can't say the same of Hackett yet).

The 2011 story for both these guys, and the team, will be the second half of the season. I don't think anyone really knows which way this is gonna go, which makes it interesting. Bye weeks comes at a good time.

Glorify Hackett's genius? They scored 6 points in the second half. Against Tulane. In front of 300 indifferent fans.

I really can't wait to get chandler jones back for his awareness and leadership more than anything, I also don't understand why we don't try wilkes at corner again feel like he's too small for safety and he played well there as a freshman, I like to think that shafer will have a very nice defense next year when all these young guys get a season in his system, but for this year I'm holding my breath on evry play

Shafer is still a genius.

A genius doesn't have poor performances in 10 of the last 11 games. When Shafer is agressive on D, he does a very very very good job. When he sits back like he has in 10 of the last 11 games, the D stinks and can't get off the field. He is waaay too conservative for my liking. Although you have to wonder if that is all Shafer or somewhat on Marrone.

A genius doesn't have poor performances in 10 of the last 11 games. When Shafer is agressive on D, he does a very very very good job. When he sits back like he has in 10 of the last 11 games, the D stinks and can't get off the field. He is waaay too conservative for my liking. Although you have to wonder if that is all Shafer or somewhat on Marrone.

It seemed in last night's game that when SU's D was blitzing/agressive, Tulane had the perfect play call/screen pass that went for considerable yardage every single time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom