so, Villanova... | Syracusefan.com

so, Villanova...

iommi

Living Legend
Do you guys anticipate a close game? I'm not sure how our team's focus will be, especially at 11am. This one will be interesting. Will we answer the bell? I think Villanova's best shot is to be red-hot from 3. They cannot match our talent level, but if they shoot lights out, this could be a close game. I'm anticipating a 'Cuse win by about 12 points.

My bad with the earlier -12/13 number. My "calculator" failed me. :)

Should open around Syracuse -7.5 is my guess

The most important aspect here that no one is discussing is how I'll justify to my wife that it's okay for me to be drinking beer at 10 AM since I live in the central time zone.

What a bout the "white out"? Does that influence the line?

What if the "white out" is mostly orange?

The most important aspect here that no one is discussing is how I'll justify to my wife that it's okay for me to be drinking beer at 10 AM since I live in the central time zone.

need to crack that first beer prior to tip off.

I think we matchup very well with this team. Pinkston and Yarou are the only ones that can hurt us.

People keep praising Arcidiacono. This is a terrible matchup for Villanova with him going up against our guards. this guy was completely overwhelmed in our last game with them (he had 4 pts on 1-7 shooting and had 6 turnovers). We will eat this guy up again and I see him as a complete non factor (of course now he probably goes for 30 after I say this).

We need to limit second chance points and attack the basket at will. I look for us to come out focused and ready to run these guys off the floor. I said it earlier in the week. The best thing that could have happened was them beating Louisville. I expect the team to take notice and not take this team lightly.

I bet the line opens around Syracuse -12/13 which is right where your prediction lies.

I'd be surprised if that's high. That would make it what, 20 in the Dome?

I think we matchup very well with this team. Pinkston and Yarou are the only ones that can hurt us.
People keep praising Arcidiacono. This is a terrible matchup for Villanova with him going up against our guards. this guy was completely overwhelmed in our last game with them (he had 4 pts on 1-7 shooting and had 6 turnovers). We will eat this guy up again and I see him as a complete non factor (of course now he probably goes for 30 after I say this).

Not sure it's that good a matchup. Not saying it's bad, but I think if the 1st game is any indication it's an average matchup, meaning we won about how easily the superior team should win at home.

I bet the line opens around Syracuse -12/13 which is right where your prediction lies.

I thought 10 was the number. You think it goes that high?

I'd be surprised if that's high. That would make it what, 20 in the Dome?

Not sure it's that good a matchup. Not saying it's bad, but I think if the 1st game is any indication it's an average matchup, meaning we won about how easily the superior team should win at home.

I would rather play a team that can potentially hurt you inside than kill you with good guard play. They were only 5-23 from behind the three point line when we played them before but they outrebounded us (Yarou had 14). We need to do a better job of rebounding and force them into being a jump shooting team. Cant give them second chance points.

Once the Big East season starts, I anticipate close games and allow myself to be pleasantly surprised if they aren't. (Assuming we win the non-close ones, as we generally do.)

I'll go with the chances of Nova knocking off Louisville and Cuse in the same week are slim and none...although, I will admit they are better today than they were last Friday.

Games at 7, wife goes to the gym at 7, then some gym book club at 9. Ill be drunk before she gets home.

Pshhh. Isn't it a requirement to drink beer at least a hour before a SU game??? I always thought so.

But I have to say that I think this game will never be close and we run run out in the first couple minutes and force Wright to call a timeout early.

We roll. Win by, I say, 17.

More important that we get out to a decent start this time around than we did on road at USF and Providence. The team (and fans) are probably still riding the wave from Tuesday's win.

I think someone has to break into Jay Wright's wardrobe, take all his Armani suites and force him to wear a ratty old sweatsuit to the game.

I think someone has to break into Jay Wright's wardrobe, take all his Armani suites and force him to wear a ratty old sweatsuit to the game.
Would love to see Jay in something from Huggy Bear's closet.
98234023_crop_exact.jpg

Maybe we can get Belichick to donate one of his ratty old sweatshirts to a needy cause ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom