So we are back at work after the Duke game | Syracusefan.com

So we are back at work after the Duke game

Toga

Living Legend
Already I've had a handful of unsolicited comments on what an unbelievable game it was. Half of the comments were from people who had no idea I was a Cuse fan. Any out of towners have a similar experience?

Already I've had a handful of unsolicited comments on what an unbelievable game it was. Half of the comments were from people who had no idea I was a Cuse fan. Any out of towners have a similar experience?
If people don't know you're a cuse fan that's on you.

Failing.

I took today off in case I had a two day hangover and to get myself ready to head up to the dome tonight.

If people don't know you're a cuse fan that's on you.
Driving back from FL this past Christmas, I was stopped in a little gas station just off I-95 in SC and while pumping was approached by a guy. I'm hyper-aware when standing outside a car in the dark and was a little nervous.

He said, "Hey, they're doing great this year" Maybe he saw my orange hoodie from behind (no markings there). Or maybe the little Otto on my rear window.
"Now I'm in real trouble", I thought". He wants to beat the crap out of me for being a Yankee.

Then he goes on to say he used to live upstate, blah blah. Was nice to find a kindred spirit in the middle of nowhere.

Still, wearing Cuse Orange in the south might not be recommended.

Oh yeah. It has been amazing at work this morning here in Houston. Now normally, college basketball doesn't really register with the majority of people. But every single person I've seen this morning watched the game and were all excited about it. I have never seen that level of interest even for Sweet 16 type games. It has been pretty awesome. A completely different experience for me.

Got emails & texts from many friends that are alums of 'basketball schools'. Among them are Arizona, Michigan, Indiana & Villanova. All of them said 'wow', 'great game', awesome win' or some variation thereof.

I watched the SU-Duke game in a bar in NYC with lots of UMass fans who were watching their game with Dayton at the same time. Many of them gave up on their game (which was pretty exciting in its own right, UMass coming back from a big deficit only to fall short at the end) to watch the Syracuse game.

Everyone that knows me knows that I'm a Syracuse fan. I wear more 'Cuse stuff down here than I did when I lived in CNY. I've been really surprised how many people I've met that are from the region since I move to Knoxville. Quite a few friends and coworkers have mentioned the game as soon as they saw me yesterday and today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom