So we get a kid out of Texas | Syracusefan.com

So we get a kid out of Texas

CaliCuse

All American
Impressive I admit. Nice job Nat Hackett. The fact remains we can stack up quarterback like an "IHop special" the starter for 2013 will be Hunt or Broyld.;)

Allen will have a shot to start right away. Once Nassib leaves there will be no experienced QB. So let the best man win.

Allen will have a shot to start right away. Once Nassib leaves there will be no experienced QB. So let the best man win.
I like Allen a whole lot but if the proverbial "experience card is played it must be one of the current roster players as in Ashton or Terrell. who must get on the field this year to give them that experience. I don't know if Allen has the kind of ability to transition directly into Div1 football after just getting on campus in the summer of A2013 in August. A couple of weeks of practice isn't going to be enough unless he graduates early and enrolls in January making him eligible for spring ball as well.couchburn

I like Allen a whole lot but if the proverbial "experience card is played it must be one of the current roster players as in Ashton or Terrell. who must get on the field this year to give them that experience. I don't know if Allen has the kind of ability to transition directly into Div1 football after just getting on campus in the summer of A2013 in August. A couple of weeks of practice isn't going to be enough unless he graduates early and enrolls in January making him eligible for spring ball as well.couchburn
He's planning on being a January enrollee so he will have a full 8 months of weight training and will participate in Spring practice.

I should have clarified, I meant on-field experience. Unless Nassib gets hurt, there will be no one getting significant playing time, under center. In 2013, without Nassib, the playing field will be level for an all-out QB competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom