So What Happens When FSU is Officially Out? | Syracusefan.com

So What Happens When FSU is Officially Out?

bigmike

Connoisseur of head and legroom.
Of the national Championship race? In this NIL/Portal era, will players simply mail it in to preserve their health/draft status? Will they choose not to play to maintain an eligibility year or draft status?

And it’s not just them - this may be a systemic problem for all players coaches and programs when things don’t unfold as planned.

They are already out, well, unless you listen to some "experts" that think they can run the table and get into the ACC championship game with 2 conference losses already. smh...

They’re not technically out so long as the ACC championship is a possibility.

But I LOVE watching these ACC traitors SUCK

If the NIL check has cleared, the risk likely outweighs the reward for pro prospects.

Of the national Championship race? In this NIL/Portal era, will players simply mail it in to preserve their health/draft status? Will they choose not to play to maintain an eligibility year or draft status?

And it’s not just them - this may be a systemic problem for all players coaches and programs when things don’t unfold as planned.

Most players need to produce the year heading into the draft to get drafted or improve their draft status. A few can just drop out and workout and be cool, but a lot of guys have to prove it.

Just in the first round this past year, Caleb signed like a $39M deal and Legette's was around $12M. You start looking into falling into the 2nd or 3rd round... you can see why playing to improve your status matters a lot.

So I am sure someone will just bounce after a few games at some point because there is such a huge pool of players, but I think a lot will play through most of the season.

Most players need to produce the year heading into the draft to get drafted or improve their draft status. A few can just drop out and workout and be cool, but a lot of guys have to prove it.

Just in the first round this past year, Caleb signed like a $39M deal and Legette's was around $12M. You start looking into falling into the 2nd or 3rd round... you can see why playing to improve your status matters a lot.

So I am sure someone will just bounce after a few games at some point because there is such a huge pool of players, but I think a lot will play through most of the season.
Sounds like teams with any 5 star can’t miss prospects could see them shut it down before the end of the season, which could hurt the blue blood programs more than the less fortunate.

Sounds like teams with any 5 star can’t miss prospects could see them shut it down before the end of the season, which could hurt the blue blood programs more than the less fortunate.

For sure. Agree with you there.