So what happens when James | Syracusefan.com

So what happens when James

we force feed the post and use cj in the dribble handoff offense.. cooney i have a feeling will settle in.. its 4 games in..

Forget that, I want to know what happens when Triche, MCW, CJ and Cooney start shooting the ball well.

I hear you but I think Rak, DC2, and Grant are coming for CJ's minutes.

I hear you but I think Rak, DC2, and Grant are coming for CJ's minutes.
CJ does too many things well not to be out there for 30 minutes a night in competitive games. It's great to see Rak developing some post moves and gaining confidence in his offense, and nice to see Coleman settling in now. They will both play a lot, probably at Keita's expense. Barring an injury, I really don't see the minutes there for Grant this season, but he's definitely something to look forward to.

the night mcw has low assist numbers im banking he scores 20 or more.. just waiting for the game he explodes in the scoring column out of necessity..

CJ does too many things well not to be out there for 30 minutes a night in competitive games. It's great to see Rak developing some post moves and gaining confidence in his offense, and nice to see Coleman settling in now. They will both play a lot, probably at Keita's expense. Barring an injury, I really don't see the minutes there for Grant this season, but he's definitely something to look forward to.

Except CJ is not doing them! Rak is finishing better at the rim, is shooting the mid-range better and rebounding better.

Except CJ is not doing them! Rak is finishing better at the rim, is shooting the mid-range better and rebounding better.

While CJ has been off the last few games (not finishing well and not hitting from mid-range) let's not forget he was dominant against SDSU. He'll figure it out. And while I'm bullish on Rak's offensive improvement, he has no mid-range game, unless you consider 8 feet mid-range.

While CJ has been off the last few games (not finishing well and not hitting from mid-range) let's not forget he was dominant against SDSU. He'll figure it out. And while I'm bullish on Rak's offensive improvement, he has no mid-range game, unless you consider 8 feet mid-range.

Rak hit a 12fter last game and 10fter this one. I need to see CJ play well indoors since that is where the rest of the games will be played. Maybe CJ is hurt because he doesn't seem to have his normal lift, but Rak is playing a better power forward than CJ and James is owning the small forward spot.

Rak hit a 12fter last game and 10fter this one. I need to see CJ play well indoors since that is where the rest of the games will be played. Maybe CJ is hurt because he doesn't seem to have his normal lift, but Rak is playing a better power forward than CJ and James is owning the small forward spot.

So we're to discount CJ's performance against the best team we've faced to date because it was played outside? I seem to recall CJ having a few good games indoors in his first two seasons, but maybe I'm wrong. ;)

Please don't worry about CJ. He is the most savvy player on the floor. As someone else said, if he isn't scoring, he will be doing other things well. Anyone who is still wondering whether he's capable, just look at last years stats. I don't think we will see a regression this year.

So we're to discount CJ's performance against the best team we've faced to date because it was played outside? I seem to recall CJ having a few good games indoors in his first two seasons, but maybe I'm wrong. ;)

I think he can play but he is not playing well now, and Kris played SF while CJ played PF for the most part the last two years. Now with all the size on the team he needs to prove he can play SF and he is struggling with it.

I think he can play but he is not playing well now, and Kris played SF while CJ played PF for the most part the last two years. Now with all the size on the team he needs to prove he can play SF and he is struggling with it.

I think he's just struggling with his shot over a small sample of games. JB is experimenting with a lot of lineup combinations now (many of which we will never see again after December) and CJ isn't getting the playing time he will see eventually. He and Southy are going to play a lot minutes together before too long.

He deffinitely is struggling to adjust to where he gets the ball as a 3 compared to a 4. I think thats why his shot is off. Still it is interesting that he looked like a sure fire star player against SDST and has struggled since. Remember he barely played MM and the first exhibition game . . . . . wonder if something is tweeked.

He deffinitely is struggling to adjust to where he gets the ball as a 3 compared to a 4. I think thats why his shot is off. Still it is interesting that he looked like a sure fire star player against SDST and has struggled since. Remember he barely played MM and the first exhibition game . . . . . wonder if something is tweeked.

Yeah he is not even trying to dunk when he has the chance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom