So What Happens with that Rutgers Game at RU From Last Season? | Syracusefan.com

So What Happens with that Rutgers Game at RU From Last Season?

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Is it going to be rescheduled? Does it just end up as a tough break for the Scarlet Knights?

Based on what happened with UConn last season (see the Illinois away game), I am thinking Syracuse is under no legal obligation to play at Rutgers.

But Rutgers, assuming the pandemic doesn't get crazy again, does need to play here this coming season.

I bet we end up rescheduling the game there circa 2024-2026 as a good faith gesture to a school we once were in the same conference with. Could cost us a couple of million dollars to be nice, so maybe we don't.

Do we know 100% for sure that all previous arrangements for the 2021 schedule are all still en force?

My guess is the game gets moved to 2024. We play Ohio at home and @Army so we have an opening for another P5 game, and Rutgers is playing @VT but has no other OOC games scheduled.

Is it going to be rescheduled? Does it just end up as a tough break for the Scarlet Knights?

Based on what happened with UConn last season (see the Illinois away game), I am thinking Syracuse is under no legal obligation to play at Rutgers.

But Rutgers, assuming the pandemic doesn't get crazy again, does need to play here this coming season.

I bet we end up rescheduling the game there circa 2024-2026 as a good faith gesture to a school we once were in the same conference with. Could cost us a couple of million dollars to be nice, so maybe we don't.

I'd move it out to like 2035

While we may have benefitted by not having to play there, certainly Buttgers had a similar situation where they avoided a road game with someone else. It’s all a wash.

My guess is the game gets moved to 2024. We play Ohio at home and @Army so we have an opening for another P5 game, and Rutgers is playing @VT but has no other OOC games scheduled.
I'd move it to a year when it would be the only away game if possible. Playing at Army we already are playing near NYC that year. However, looking at the schedules: 2024 is the best near term solution. If not then you need to move it out to the late 20's.

I suspect we play at Rutgers as we need to play near alumni and recruits. I'd look at Temple too for a 2 or 3 game series in the next 5-10 years.

Glad you're asking us because Mr. "doesn't know if Wagner counts towards bowl eligibility" sure as hell won't know.